Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Fuel rail plug or shims?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel rail plug or shims?

Ordering my stuff to delete all the useless emissions junk. When I did my 2008 C/C 4500 I had to plug the rail because the H&S raised the rail pressure and kept throwing a code. I'm using the RaceMe Ultra on my 2014 2500. Do I need to plug or shim the rail? I'd just assume not remove a safety feature like a relief valve. But I will if it's necessary.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel rail plug or shims?

Sub'd

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by easttxram View Post
    Ordering my stuff to delete all the useless emissions junk. When I did my 2008 C/C 4500 I had to plug the rail because the H&S raised the rail pressure and kept throwing a code. I'm using the RaceMe Ultra on my 2014 2500. Do I need to plug or shim the rail? I'd just assume not remove a safety feature like a relief valve. But I will if it's necessary.
    Should not need to modify the fuel rail relief valve. 4th gens typically hold up to 27500 psi without popping the relief.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Should not need to modify the fuel rail relief valve. 4th gens typically hold up to 27500 psi without popping the relief.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Thanks for the info. I may be wrong, but I was thinking on the RaceMe ultra you can adjust the rail pressure anyway. Just wanted to make sure I didn't need a plug thrown in the cart. I hate being short one part on these little projects. Everyone likes to play with their new toys right when they show up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes John Gianotti, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post