Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Transmission shifting

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Transmission shifting

I have a 2012 Ram with EGR deleted, DPF,AND CATS deleted running EFI LIVE programmer. I noticed the transmission is shifting into 6th at 55 mph. To yall that are running the same programmer is this normal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Transmission shifting

Who tuned it for you?

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

You should be able to get with your tuner and have him adjust the shift points if you need to be different. It sounds about right for stock tire size though.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I am assuming EFI tuned it when I bought it

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Efi is not a tuner, it's a tuning platform that professional tuners use. So a professional tuner used the efi platform to tune your truck. That professional tuner is who you need to contact for trans tuning, and to stretch that shift point out further for you. Do you have an autocal? Your professional tuners name/company might be on it. If you are not sure who tuned it, it could be bad as with efi the professional tuner can lock his tunes to the autocal, and only that tuner can fix it or adjust for you.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Efi is not a tuner, it's a tuning platform that professional tuners use. So a professional tuner used the efi platform to tune your truck. That professional tuner is who you need to contact for trans tuning, and to stretch that shift point out further for you. Do you have an autocal? Your professional tuners name/company might be on it. If you are not sure who tuned it, it could be bad as with efi the professional tuner can lock his tunes to the autocal, and only that tuner can fix it or adjust for you.
    I am going to look into this and see if I have all the paperwork