Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting p0191 fuel pressure rail circuit. Code.

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Getting p0191 fuel pressure rail circuit. Code.

Quote Originally Posted by texasbest2006 View Post
    Yeah I saw that same post. Everyone has tried 200 things to get rid of it but nothing really worked. It always came back. I talked with race me Canada and they said it could be a lift pump, a sensor, or the high pressure pump or a fluke. So I'm lost. I'm taking a 16 hour drive to colorado for Christmas and I just don't want to be broke down. What would you do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    If you have any doubt go in another vehicle...Run yours until it quits. I know that's not a great answer but sometimes that's the easiest way to find a problem. Personally would replace the relief and sensor. even a new filter. If that does not work then you know its about to get way more expensive.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

2. Thanks The DodgeFather thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

I understand what you're saying. I'd drive it bud, but that's just me.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Thanks Pimpw3ld3r25_8 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

You could always have the rail pressure tested also. That honestly may be the best starting point

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

6. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Alright guys thanks for the help. I'm going to replace the filter today..this sucks. I hate that my truck never had any problems since new until I did the deletes. Sometimes I wish I would have just drove it till the warranty was up on it next may

8. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Based on what I am reading, and I reviewed the posts several times (Brain damaged) it sounds like it's a fluke which I was eluding too earlier.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Based on what I am reading, and I reviewed the posts several times (Brain damaged) it sounds like it's a fluke which I was eluding too earlier.
    LOL me to! (Brain damaged) Those post for sure made me not want to read anymore forums. It was like different crap same result. I couldn't make sense of anything just cause so many guys were having the problem. I hope your right.

12. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

LOL me to! (Brain damaged) Those post for sure made me not want to read anymore forums. It was like different crap same result. I couldn't make sense of anything just cause so many guys were having the problem. I hope your right.

Since you're new here, you don't know I am legitimately brain damaged. I suffered from several strokes 4.5 years ago which left some damage.

That said, you just gave me another clue. "just cause so many guys were having the problem" There's a big red marker even for a dope like me.

Mind you, I was one of the pioneers at removing the EGR and DPF back in 08. I also beta tested a delete tuner. Yup I had a brand new 08. I traded it in for something simpler. I hated that truck.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that. Hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving

16. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Yeah I saw that same post. Everyone has tried 200 things to get rid of it but nothing really worked. It always came back. I talked with race me Canada and they said it could be a lift pump, a sensor, or the high pressure pump or a fluke. So I'm lost. I'm taking a 16 hour drive to colorado for Christmas and I just don't want to be broke down. What would you do?

Idk if you're still having the code pop up for the fuel pressure sensor but mine did this for a couple months clear it come back couple hours or next day I googled it 5,000 different answers someone told me there's a update from Chrysler to expand the parameters that I need but I wasn't letting them near my ecm so I was randomly doing some research on how dry our diesel is and found a independent study they probably used like 20 different fuel additives like #4 on the list was 2 stroke marine oil added to your fuel so I asked around a guy I know has a 1,000hp 3rd gen DD he's like ya I run it in mine he uses a quart to like every 3 tanks of fuel so I start using it but I put like a 16 oz. coffee cup from the gas station when I fill up every fill up I've been using it in my fuel for for about 5 months the pressure sensor code has not come back not one single time idk if it's related but hell of a coincidence and it can't hurt to add some lubrication back to your dry *** fuel LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

2011 Ram 2500 4" lift on 35's.

I have been getting this code for a while. It also triggers a p2BAC code that will not go away. Around town it will come back almost immediately. On road trip (600+ miles) it will remain extinguished.. New rail pressure sensor installed...lookes like a short in the circuit. I can't find it...any advice?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast