Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting p0191 fuel pressure rail circuit. Code.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Getting p0191 fuel pressure rail circuit. Code.

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    @texasbest2006, before someone else gets angry, what's the year make and model, and any modifications you may have.
    Really?

I'm thinking you clear the code and see what happens. It sounds like a spoof

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Really?
    Just trying to help you out hahaha!!

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I cleared it yesterday. Came back today. I'll play with it and see what happens

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by texasbest2006 View Post
    I cleared it yesterday. Came back today. I'll play with it and see what happens

If it were mine I'd change the fuel filter, and are you running a good quality filter? I know these filters on our truck are outrageous $$$, but they are cheap compared to what can happen. Also I'm not sure what I thought I read from you on your intervals, but I misspoke cuz every 10K should be fine with a quality filter. But start with filter. I just assume from your name you're in Texas. If you where somewhere colder I'd say you gelled the fuel and waxed the filter. I've done that a few too many times in my life LOL.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I only run Mopar filters.

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by texasbest2006 View Post
    I only run Mopar filters.

And yes that's a good filter. But even one fill of not so good fuel could restrict the flow. Just where I'd start if it was throwing a dash CEL. Any code I gotta go digging for, I don't worry about LOL.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    And yes that's a good filter. But even one fill of not so good fuel could restrict the flow. Just where I'd start if it was throwing a dash CEL. Any code I gotta go digging for, I don't worry about LOL.
    I'll check it thanks for the advice

10. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hey guys. So I tuned it back to stock timing but still left the 30 horse tune on. No code. Tuned it to 60 horse no timing. No code. Then tuned it to 60 horse with 23* timing. Code pops up. Any ideas. All fuel filter is good. Also monitored the rail pressure. Seems normal. Didn't see any major fluctions. Never dropped below 4800 when idiling. Got up to 26,482 when I got on it. Never cut out or ran rough.

11. Likes Pimpw3ld3r25_8 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I just did a Google search of the code quick. Seems like quite a common one. It seems you're pretty certain it's the tuning, and it may be. I guess I'd be more apt to believe it is too if over time with the timing set at stock and the code stays away that it's indeed the tuning. Here could be a thought also, when we do start tuning the trucks beyond factory tuning specs, the ecm still picks up the parameter that have been tuned out of factory range. Thus the code needs to be killed so we don't have a CEL. Possibly the case since your not actually getting a CEL, but I'm not sure. In my Google search I found a guy that had the code and his dealer changed the relief valve, the sensor, and I think even some more stuff before he flashed the truck and took care of it. More than likely I wonder after reading if the flash just killed the code. Again I don't really know. And that was on a 2011. Like I said it's a pretty common code from the looks of it.

13. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yeah I saw that same post. Everyone has tried 200 things to get rid of it but nothing really worked. It always came back. I talked with race me Canada and they said it could be a lift pump, a sensor, or the high pressure pump or a fluke. So I'm lost. I'm taking a 16 hour drive to colorado for Christmas and I just don't want to be broke down. What would you do?

14. Likes Pimpw3ld3r25_8 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast