Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: battery saver mode?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

battery saver mode?

my 2015 did this the first time yesterday it's got 15k on the clock, when I started it today the message was gone? found some mixed things on it figured I'd ask here and see if anyone else experienced it ft? last night was the coldest it's been here this year 18deg per the evic

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: battery saver mode?

I know this thread is a few weeks old but mine did this today. It too is the coldest it has been this year. This morning it was 18 but when I started my truck it was 29 in the afternoon. I do think is due to weak batteries but if anyone has had similar message post what the issue was.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

mine is still doing it, I've got an appointment to take it into the dealer next week

4. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Batteries are the same in both cars and trucks, gas or diesel. @kessler89, you didn't say the area you live in, and @Larry1009, Texas ?, it gets cold there but not that bad compared to other parts of the country. Cold weather isn't the best for the battery. Connections cleaned ?

Have you guys been using the trucks enough to keep the battery charged properly ? If it sat for a very long period of time, did you use something like the Battery Tender to maintain the charge level ? My old truck doesn't have a battery saver mode on it (that I know of), but I'm told that is to maintain a charge level when it sits for a very long period of time. Has it ? I know there will be times now and then I let my 'ol truck sit for a month in a half or longer without knowing. With the years indicated as a '14 and a '15, they should not be old enough to know what bad is.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Only time my truck has done this is when it has been very cold out side the grid heater cycling alot. I noticed that my voltage was fluctuating between 11-14 volts. After pulling out of the driveway voltage increased and truck was able to maintain 14v. Next startup message was gone.

2014 RAM 2500 TRADESMAN "SMOKED A BIT TURBO LIT AND THAT WAS IT"

8. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Hey Texas ... just got an email from a friend living north of Dallas / Fort Worth and they said their neighbor had their pool pipes frozen and break .. and they are frantacally doing what they can to protect theirs.
    Sounds sort of like Alaska weather 3,000+ miles south of the arctic circle.

Guess my +27 degree temp in the morning is like a heat wave to them.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I'm in ohio and yeah it hasn't gotten over 20deg for the last 3 weeks BUT it didn't do this last winter....

I drive my truck 15 miles to work one way and I've been driving it at least 4 days a week here lately, like I said, didn't do it last winter no matter the temp or how often I drove it so something isn't right

12. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Mine did last winter and not this winter. I think it has to do with how much power your drawing at start up with grid heater and if your turning your heated seats and steering wheel heater on. I have found if I leave the heaters off until I get down the road and truck warms up some then turn the heaters on it does fine.

14. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Mine is brand new and did this last week during our recent cold snap. It was cycling the pre-heater on / off quite a bit. Since it's warmed up here I have not seen the message come back. My truck is parked outside and I have a 15 min commute. I suspect I was not driving it long enough to get a full charge back into the batteries. Just a theory, LOL.

16. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DUST1N View Post
    Only time my truck has done this is when it has been very cold out side the grid heater cycling alot. I noticed that my voltage was fluctuating between 11-14 volts. After pulling out of the driveway voltage increased and truck was able to maintain 14v. Next startup message was gone.
    This is exactly what mine does.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast