Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Looking at buying another

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Looking at buying another

Well guys I need some advice. I bought a truck then a camper to big for it now looking for another truck, or at least that's what I told the wife. Her cars getting pretty old and we were going to trade it in any ways so I convinced to just take my truck over and I would get a bigger truck. So I have found a 2016 3500 big horn for a heck of a deal both in the SRW and DRW. The only catch is both trucks have the G56 in them. I've heard all good about the manual transmission but they have a tradesman with the aisin for the same price. I'm thinking big horn plus G56 can't go wrong what do you think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Looking at buying another

G56 is nearly bullet proof, but if you're gonna add power you will need clutch mods for sure. Aisin is a great auto trans for pulling, and will handle some extra hp just fine. It handles it differently than a 68RFE, and may not be as quick, but a tow beast for sure. My advice is to not settle! Sounds to me like you're looking for at least a big horn package, but not real sure on G56. Why not find a big horn truck with an Aisin, cuz from what you posted it seems like that's more like what you want. Although the G56 is good, I personally don't like the extra effort it takes to drive them. I get enough of that in big rigs and like to kick back a little in my pickups.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

DRW G56 and put a good clutch in it and never look back.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Asian is a good trans too

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Well 2017 DRW 3500 4x4 with the 68RFE it is so rays gonna be getting some more of my buisiness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Well 2017 DRW 3500 4x4 with the 68RFE it is so rays gonna be getting some more of my buisiness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wait! What? When did the 68 come into play LOL? Just messing with ya. Should be a great tow rig. Miss my duallies! And at least with a dually you get 3.73 gears. Correct? That's a plus!

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

12. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

4.10 that other dealer was advertising with every incentive possible. Plus I know the 68 can be tuned

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I think you'll be really happy with 4.10 and a tuned 68.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post