Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: California legal

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

California legal

Does anyone know what I can do to my exhaust to make it louder but still pass smog and not hinder my performance?*

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: California legal

From what I gather in your forum name your in California, so I'd be cautious. You could use a long resonator instead of a muffer in case they check, but they tend to check with louder noise levels and ticket freely. (I use to live there). I'd first check what the highest db levels they will accept before they ticket, then decide what to do.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, jf336 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I also forgot to mention that I have a 2015. I guess there is no muffler. I think I might be out of luck.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

The factory emissions equipment is the real muffler on these trucks. Any exhaust systems labeled DPF back will be for looks only.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post