Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I went and done it this time. Sad day for Mopar

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: I went and done it this time. Sad day for Mopar

Damn right Dodge wanted me to cough up 10K plus give up my old girl as a trade in on a new one that wasn't happening
    Ford let me spread out my down payment into two payments that I could manage and let me keep my old girl and have had better service with Ford than I ever did with dodge

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Can't say I'm a big fan of the 6.7 Powerstroke but in 114K it hasn't let me down yet

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Now I had to comment.I was just reading and feeling sorry for all you had to go through. I agree, I would rather take out my own appendix without meds than vehicle shop. Then the after comments start and ya got me laughing. What vehicle is made in American anymore ? If it is put together, many of the parts are made in ohter countries and shipped here. Heck, my Dodge was assembled in Mexico. It still depresses me when I think of it or read it somewhere. I had a '92 Toyota picker gasser for 14 years and the only plus was it was ASSEMBLED in Freemount California. What .. we can put it together but don't know how to make parts ? I had to buy that thruck since it was the era where it was America bashing Japan or vice versa. I couldn't afford the American named trucks. Oh ... the American made trucks made from foreign parts that were of foreign material and processed in their factories yet sold from American car lots under American car names.

I need another cup of coffee, an aspirin and maybe a volume to calm my nerves.
    What the &%*# happen to the good 'ole American Red White and Blue products and labor force ?

Damn it @Polaraco ya got me depressed ....

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

There are still SOME Rams built in the US. There is the St Louis plant still making the Rams, although my understanding is its only the Larimes and the limiteds.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Now I had to comment.I was just reading and feeling sorry for all you had to go through. I agree, I would rather take out my own appendix without meds than vehicle shop. Then the after comments start and ya got me laughing. What vehicle is made in American anymore ? If it is put together, many of the parts are made in ohter countries and shipped here. Heck, my Dodge was assembled in Mexico. It still depresses me when I think of it or read it somewhere. I had a '92 Toyota picker gasser for 14 years and the only plus was it was ASSEMBLED in Freemount California. What .. we can put it together but don't know how to make parts ? I had to buy that thruck since it was the era where it was America bashing Japan or vice versa. I couldn't afford the American named trucks. Oh ... the American made trucks made from foreign parts that were of foreign material and processed in their factories yet sold from American car lots under American car names.

I need another cup of coffee, an aspirin and maybe a volume to calm my nerves.
    What the &%*# happen to the good 'ole American Red White and Blue products and labor force ?

Damn it @Polaraco ya got me depressed ....
    Hahahahaha Jim That was funny

If it's any consolation, The Hyundai is assembled in Indiana. But I'm still making some Asian executive fat.

We go tomorrow to pick it up

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12