Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I went and done it this time. Sad day for Mopar

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

I went and done it this time. Sad day for Mopar

http://www.sureskyhyundai.com/new/Hy...387148755b.htm

I am sorry to say I have left the Mopar nest for the first time in 45 years. I bought 31 new vehicles over the year from Mopar, but this time. . .

Last week My wife's 2013 Chrysler 200 Limited died. Three days later (Thursday) we got it back with a new TPMC (Fuse Box). Saturday Morning it did it again. Towed back to the dealer where they had it for all weekend and 3 more days. Got it back Wednesday. Thursday morning it died again. THAT'S IT!

I'd rather get a lobotomy than shop for a car. I've been spoiled. I always knew what Chrysler, Dodge or Plymouth I was going to buy before I walked in the same dealership for all those years. I even ended up working there! But Alas, nothing with a good reputation fits my wife, our budget, and style.

For 2 days we searched . Nissan, I knew the salesman, Ford, I knew the salesman, Mitsubishi, sigh I knew the salesperson, Subaru and yup, guess who I knew? LOL These are salespeople who have passed through my Dodge dealership. She didn't like any of the cars, or they were out of our price range.

Sigh. . . . . Since they closed up my old dealership, my last star salesman went to a dealer in New York State. He worked and beat his managers. They're giving me $11K for the 200. We're throwing in $2000 in cash. We bought that for an unheard of price of $13,800 with taxes and docs. I'm proud of the deal, but emotional drained and discouraged.

This will be the last car we will ever buy

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, K-Sons, dmuney liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: I went and done it this time. Sad day for Mopar

Well let us know what its like on gas
    Never know it may surprise you

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, dmuney liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I'm buying the 1.6 turbo version. I was impressed with it's ability to climb a steep hill and pass cars. Unlike a self aspirated 2.4 Jeep Renegade. that had no power at all on the hills

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes dmuney liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Okay we may have to get for give you a little bit since it has a turbo LOL

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I wouldn't never ever consider buying any other FCA vehicle besides a RAM Turbo diesel.
    IMO none of them are worth a damn...

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The only brand I would have that's not a diesel is a Toyota, I never want a chevy or ford vehicle ever again!!! It's Toyota for gas models, and the only diesel would be the Ram with Cummins!!

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Nothing wrong with Hyundai petrol motors, a friend had one for years. He couldn't kill it....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

11. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbrenner View Post
    I wouldn't never ever consider buying any other FCA vehicle besides a RAM Turbo diesel.
    IMO none of them are worth a damn...
    No lie

I have been always been an advocate of buy American. That includes the company, had to be USA. In 1972, I bought a Toyota. After 6 months I dumped it and went back to Dodge. in 85, I bought a Mitsubishi D50 Diesel as a personal knock around. I had my 70 350 with the Mitsu 6 Diesel at the same time. it's been all Dodge since among them 14 Cummins starting in 1988

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    No lie

I have been always been an advocate of buy American. That includes the company, had to be USA. In 1972, I bought a Toyota. After 6 months I dumped it and went back to Dodge. in 85, I bought a Mitsubishi D50 Diesel as a personal knock around. I had my 70 350 with the Mitsu 6 Diesel at the same time. it's been all Dodge since among them 14 Cummins starting in 1988
    I have always been an advocate of I have always been an advocate of whatever doesn't jerk me around and I'm too lazy to walk

14. Likes Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K-Sons View Post
    I have always been an advocate of I have always been an advocate of whatever doesn't jerk me around and I'm too lazy to walk

And you drive a FORD?

16. Likes F350Cummins liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast