Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Exhaust

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust

What other exhausts are there for 13 thru 16 model trucks with factory air bags. Just got done talking to flo pro. They said none of there systems will work with the factory air bags. Only the delete pipe will. Being the air bags are bigger and some having the middle shock on axel in which mine doesn't have. How could ram develope a system but none of the aftermarket will even attemp it. They say it will get to hot and burn a hole in air bags. Well it looks like a delete pipe is the only way. nobody's willing to bend some tubing.

I know of pro flo. Afe. Who else does exhausts

2. Likes dieseljeeper liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust

Diamond Eye
    Magna Flo
    I don't know if either have what you want but it's a couple more options. Just the delete pipe should work also as there is not really a cat in the downpipe, nor a muffler. At least on my 15 theres not.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

@Tomoad I have the facoty air bags and my AFE exhaust fit perfect with them. I got the AFE Atlas 5" turbo back stainless exhaust from RollingSmokeDiesel. Pricey, but fitment is excellent! I opted to go with the muffler vs. the straight pipe and the sound is still phenomenal!

Otherwise I think you could run any of those other exhausts if you wanted, just dont run the over axle piece and put the unused elbow piece on the end to dump straight to the ground in front of the rear axle (if that makes sense). I did this for a while as my original over axle piece didn't come flanged on the one side from the factory. Don't know how it passed QC, but it all got worked out in the end.

2016 3500 CCSB SRW Aisin 3.42s: RaceMe Ultra w/Double R Diesel Warp tuning, AFE 5" TBE, GDP S2 intake & TVGH, Air Boss 67 plenum, Rok-Tek grill, SPOD & some LEDs.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I'm sure the guy I was talking to was a salesman and going off what info he had in front of him. But I see know difference in a SS version 4"" for coils other than maybe the way they bend it. The factory pipe is within 1/4"to 1/2" of the air bag & it hasnt burnt a hole in air bag. Maybe it's just me but the stock stuff gets pretty dang hot when doing what ever it's doing down there. Sometimes after cutting truck off I can come back out to truck 5 min later & it's still crackling under there cause it was so hot. An open pipe can't get any hotter than than that. I don't really want to do the axel dump cause I don't want all that soot on my tailgate & all under neath. My 99 was like that for bout 3 months until I could get it replaced. Like to of never that crap washed off.

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Permanent Vacation 3brorce | Anarchy Diesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Afe and flo pro are really the only 2 options you really need.