Thanks Thanks:  122
Likes Likes:  218
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: It's rebuild time

1. Top Of Page | #221

User Info Menu

Re: It's rebuild time

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Glad the crank was good. Did you replace the cam bearings back when? I forget.

How is it now?
    Back when I had to have the block machined the first time yes they installed a new cam bearing yes just 1 did I change it again no it looked great the block where the cam rides no damage at all. The cam lobes didn't even have any wear marks

2. Likes Polaraco liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #222

User Info Menu

One thing I don’t understand is every time I buy bearings ( yes or bearings ) I’ve found I have to fix them, they always have the edges where they meet togeather rolled over and I have to take a file or some 2000 grit sandpaper to them I don’t understand why this is

4. Top Of Page | #223

User Info Menu

Ok guys I need help so I have no oil pressure I just now got it all back togeather and my luck again it has no oil pressure WT HECK. It’s like the oil pump lost its prime and it won’t get it back so I used a drill powered oil pump and pumped 1 gallon through the oil pressure sending unit location and another gallon through the outside part of the oil filter which I believe leads to the oil pump and no results

5. Top Of Page | #224

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dmuney View Post
    Ok guys I need help so I have no oil pressure I just now got it all back togeather and my luck again it has no oil pressure WT HECK. It’s like the oil pump lost its prime and it won’t get it back so I used a drill powered oil pump and pumped 1 gallon through the oil pressure sending unit location and another gallon through the outside part of the oil filter which I believe leads to the oil pump and no results
    Who'a pump are you using?

I'll be on a road trip today. Have some time to think about it. I'll call my secret weapon too.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
    Likes dmuney liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #225

User Info Menu

Ok guys false alarm I’m up and running with 65 psi oil at 1500 rpm cold and 55 psi 1500 rpm operating temp idle 50 cold 40 hot everything good so far I’ll be getting that video for ya soon

8. Likes Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #226

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Who'a pump are you using?

I'll be on a road trip today. Have some time to think about it. I'll call my secret weapon too.
    It’s an oil pump out of an old air cooled VW bug. I just tapped and plugged the oil output just like if you were to full flow the oil system in a race car (2 oil lines going to oil filter then back into motor the correct way) then tapped the sucktion side and screwed in a barbed fitting and replaced the pump cover with one that had a hole threaded into it already. Here I installed a AN -8 fitting and attached a hose. To drive the oil pump I rounded of the shaft (that would normally go into the cam gear to spin the pump) and hammered an old 13mm socket onto it and I used my electric to drive it. It leaked a little where the drive comes out the back but not terrible. It worked so dang good a person could use it to transfer fluids from a drain pan to a oil tank or something like that

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223