Thanks Thanks:  122
Likes Likes:  218
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: It's rebuild time

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: It's rebuild time

@Polaraco -- I see now what you were thinking may have been a crack. Left over head gasket i believe.

Anyways when I dropped everything off the other day I told the nice gentleman to check for cracks before any machine work is to be done. he said "no problem if I find any I'll call you" he also said 5 to 7 days turnaround. No phone call = everything must be A OK. Sorry everyone I've got ants in my pants.

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dmuney View Post
    @Polaraco -- I see now what you were thinking may have been a crack. Left over head gasket i believe.

Anyways when I dropped everything off the other day I told the nice gentleman to check for cracks before any machine work is to be done. he said "no problem if I find any I'll call you" he also said 5 to 7 days turnaround. No phone call = everything must be A OK. Sorry everyone I've got ants in my pants.
    Good eye from a picture and would explain the water in that cylinder for sure. But I am glad I was wrong for your sake

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
    Likes dmuney liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Question I read through the Dodge service Manuel and didn't find any thing on regain ding the valves and valve seats. Are we supposed to just replace or can we retried also the Manuel says intake and exhaust are ground at two different angles what are they. Should I buy new no matter what or is it ok to retried if the valves are still good? Thanks

05 2500 4x4 SB White on Black, Fass 150, Edge Atitude, dual remote oil filters, on board air, hid & led everywhere

5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Ok I just got the call in off to pick up my block, head and crank. Will update with as many pics as possible stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Looks awesome buddy!

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

7. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Here is a pic of the old rod bearings. A good reason to Just Shut It Off I suppose I should have done the same but my truck was my only transportation to work so it had to be done.

9. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Here is a pic of the old rod bearings. A good reason to Just Shut It Off I suppose I should have done the same but my truck was my only transportation to work so it had to be done. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...ad153150d4.jpg

Looks like the spun a little

10. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sisupower View Post
    Looks like the spun a little

Actually none of them spun in any of the rods just damaged from debris from when the rings came apart back before I did the bandaid. And the others, damaged most likely caused by fuel getting into oil from getting past the rings due to the scratches in the cylinder . Machine shop said the crank was almost perfect they barely had to polish it.

12. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Actually none of them spun in any of the rods just damaged from debris from when the rings came apart back before I did the bandaid. And the others, damaged most likely caused by fuel getting into oil from getting past the rings due to the scratches in the cylinder . Machine shop said the crank was almost perfect they barely had to polish it.

That's good news always. Got lucky I guess LOL. How bad was the cam? Looks like it was gummed up pretty bad

13. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Looks like a bit of neglect on oil changes too. How did the crank look?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

15. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast