Thanks Thanks:  122
Likes Likes:  218
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: It's rebuild time

1. Top Of Page | #131

User Info Menu

Re: It's rebuild time

ok so for my new hold up the motor has a noise and not a good one. I'm not sure if its internal or something else. all i know is i spent 3 hrs. today washing a bunch of oil off my truck because it blew the o-ring out of the oil filter due to i;m assuming to high of oil pressure. my lord what a mess

2. Top Of Page | #132

User Info Menu

Oh sh==

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
    Likes dmuney liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #133

User Info Menu

here's the video not the greatest lots of foul language a mess and you only hear the sound of open that engine back up for a few seconds in the begining man that was a bad day

5. Top Of Page | #134

User Info Menu

damn man, after all you hard work. that sucks.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #135

User Info Menu

Bummer bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

8. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #136

User Info Menu

OH MAN! 😫

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #137

User Info Menu

well its not a total wash the engine is still intact. ill be removing the oil pan this weekend to investigate, as for the oil mess i guess i shouldn't have raised the oil pressure,

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #138

User Info Menu

Oil pump check valve. Make sure it's not stuck. Is there a relief on the filter adaptor?

I wonder if you have an oil gallery plugged? There's allot of open ends there. If a whole section, like the head is plugged, there isn't enough openings for relief. You know what I mean. Take a peek in the valve cover for oil. I'm thinking if it is plugged, it could be a incorrect head gasket. Maybe that's the noise you hear. No oil in the head. I'm guessing here, but

Use the lightest oil you can get to figure it out. If it did that with the truck inside, imagine outside in the cold.

I hate it when this happens

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #139

User Info Menu

Hit was outside I'll remove the valve cover just to verify all rockers are getting oil I installed a shim between the spring and the oil pressure relief valve plunger to give it a little bit more oil pressure the shim must just be to thick I'll remove that also The knock sound is what I'm worried about most on the plus side to this the motor truly only has less than two minutes on so any damage would be minimal and it's not a constant repeditive noise either. So I got my fingers crossed

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #140

User Info Menu

image.jpgimage.jpgOk so I'm pulling the pan and i didn't feel like doing it on my back so I impravized. I found some flakes in the oil (¥€>#%^*) anyways can somebody tell me which way the rods are supposed to face so I'm 100% sure I installed them correctly I haven't pulled rod caps as of yet. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast