User Info Menu

Re: It's rebuild time

Quote Originally Posted by Sisupower View Post
    藍 he is a savage I tell ya. One of a kind

This is true. Brain of stone Heart of gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dmuney View Post
    Been waiting on parts and funds mostly
    It's OK! You're doing a great job so far. That fact that you have a passion for this stuff says allot. I did too, but the brain is willing, but the body tells me Oh No You Don't! LOL My days of throwing Hemi's, the old 392's mind you, are over.

Here's the last motor I did and probably will never do one again

The first Test Drive

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
    Likes Sisupower, dmuney liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #103

User Info Menu

nice car and a good running motor nice. you don't see them like that anymore

5. Top Of Page | #104

User Info Menu

nice car and a good running motor nice. you don't see them like that anymore
    Thanks. It's evolved since then, but got tabled because of my back. I just started to get back on it.

DSCN0282.jpg

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #105

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Sisupower;75500]Sweet man looks good

thanks i figure its out might as well make it look new again before i stuff it back in just to get it all dirty again

8. Likes Sisupower liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #106

User Info Menu

so while at work today i was thinking about polishing my compressor housing, so i got the turbo/manifold up on the bench and realized i need to rebuild my turbo the shaft play is a little to loose for my comfort level and it will be apart so why not polish it. guy doing my valve train upgrades has been sick but he said he was hoping to get done with it this weekend possibly

only thing stopping me from polishing the compressor is that my first polishing job was on a tiny Garrett t3 off of a chrysler lebaron that i installed on my honda civic. it took me so many hrs. to polish that thing i must have been stupid but an estimated 50 to 100 hours later and BLING it showed my reflection perfectly i have more experience polishing now so i'm sure it will be faster but by how much?

10. Top Of Page | #107

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=dmuney;75823]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisupower View Post
    Sweet man looks good

thanks i figure its out might as well make it look new again before i stuff it back in just to get it all dirty again
    There's nothing like a zero'd motor you built yourself. You know what was done and it was done right. You're just at the mercy of the part quality. Been there, but on gassers.

The only engine I ever had sent out was an absolute disaster. Example. They bored 10 over, not 11 or 12. Put 10 pistons in. didn't clean, nothing was tight. And it ran! The whole engine was trash. I was able to salvage the pistons, but I'm not proud of it.

11. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #108

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Polaraco;75826]

There's nothing like a zero'd motor you built yourself. You know what was done and it was done right. You're just at the mercy of the part quality. Been there, but on gassers.

The only engine I ever had sent out was an absolute disaster. Example. They bored 10 over, not 11 or 12. Put 10 pistons in. didn't clean, nothing was tight. And it ran! The whole engine was trash. I was able to salvage the pistons, but I'm not proud of it.
    I'm same way when I rebuild cat or John Deere engines! Myself. Without help, stresses me out to not know for sure if it was torqued right or put in right etc..

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

13. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
    Likes dmuney liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #109

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Polaraco;75826]

ya been there done that and i wasnt to proud of it imagine rebuilding a motor and realizing you have the wrong rod barings so you tell your boss and he disagres and tells you to put them in anyways then after customer picks it up he calls and says his motor is making a knocking sound so the car gets brought back and the boss orders the correct rod barings and all we do is drop the oil pan and roll new rod barings in and send the customer down the road like it never happend

15. Top Of Page | #110

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=dmuney;75831]
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post

ya been there done that and i wasnt to proud of it imagine rebuilding a motor and realizing you have the wrong rod barings so you tell your boss and he disagres and tells you to put them in anyways then after customer picks it up he calls and says his motor is making a knocking sound so the car gets brought back and the boss orders the correct rod barings and all we do is drop the oil pan and roll new rod barings in and send the customer down the road like it never happend
    Ouch!!

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

16. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
    Likes dmuney liked this post
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast