Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valve Job.....

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Valve Job.....

Having my valves done next week.....hope it improves mileage.......I don't Know if they ever been looked at on this truck I got it with 142,000 miles on it and I got 168,000 miles on it now.......the next thing I am going to do is delete exhaust......The mechanic just fixed some codes on it and it sure did help a little......I hope we get more cause it was only getting about 11 and that sucks.......He told me everything else looks good on my truck......Hoping for the best on my truck.....

Duane
    168,000 --2012 ST 3500 HD 4x4 Auto 3:73 Crew Cab (YETI), H & S Mini Max(Road Ready Performance), aFe cold air intake, Sinister EGR delete, Nitto Grappler2 285/70R17, Kenwood, Clifford 2 way Alarm/Remote Start, B & W Turnover, Marathon Seat Covers,

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Valve Job.....

Got the valve job done and computer updates done today....so we will see how that does.....seems to be good so far.......

Duane
    168,000 --2012 ST 3500 HD 4x4 Auto 3:73 Crew Cab (YETI), H & S Mini Max(Road Ready Performance), aFe cold air intake, Sinister EGR delete, Nitto Grappler2 285/70R17, Kenwood, Clifford 2 way Alarm/Remote Start, B & W Turnover, Marathon Seat Covers,

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

@Polaraco noted a huge difference with a valve adjustment on his 08 before he traded it in for an 03.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

6. Thanks dmuney, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Jolly, dmuney, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Just got back from 3,000 mile road trip pulling a 16' cargo trailer.......getting the valves adjusted has made a difference.........delete coming soon......

Duane

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
    Just got back from 3,000 mile road trip pulling a 16' cargo trailer.......getting the valves adjusted has made a difference.........delete coming soon......
    It is my understanding that pre 13 trucks see the most improvement with deletes.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yea I hope so cause it's not that great now.......kinda of disappointing compared to my 04

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Duane

11. Likes dmuney liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Well delete being done today......also new air intake.....oil change.......transmission serviced.........can't wait to see how it's going to run with the new programer......and see what the mileage will end up being......

Duane

13. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I picked up just over 1 mpg city driving. That's me playing with the skinny pedal a little bit too.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

After installing studs I adjusted my valves to the spec that everyone is doing the .010 int and .020 exh and my MPGS got worse.
    The intake was pretty close but the exhaust I had to tighten up a bit*

16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

did you push the skinny pedal more? Maybe the subconsious thought of I have head studs now I can push it a little and you were a little heavy on the skinny?

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

17. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast