Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Deleting only EGR

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Deleting only EGR

I'm wondering if it is possible to only delete the EGR system, either by just blocking it off or removing the cooler and capping everything. I'm sure I would also need to tune at that point which is fine. I eventually will remove the DPF for a full delete but I just want to do it in smaller steps if possible.

2. Likes Hulk liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Deleting only EGR

What year truck? I know some of the early 6.7s you could just unplug the EGR and the truck would run pretty normal but have a CEL on. But after '10 or maybe '11 you need a tuner to disable and that will lead to deleting the DPF as well.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    What year truck? I know some of the early 6.7s you could just unplug the EGR and the truck would run pretty normal but have a CEL on. But after '10 or maybe '11 you need a tuner to disable and that will lead to deleting the DPF as well.

Greg
    Ya, it's a '16 so that answers my question. I don't care as much about the DPF system, just the EGR but oh well. I'm still trying to decide if I want to void my warranty so we'll see.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I'm in the same boat concerning voiding my warranty with upgrades. I'm going to talk to the different dealerships in my area and see what their thoughts/process are for trucks with upgrades. Basically will they still honor the warranty.

2016 Ram 2500 Laramie, Delmonico Red Pearl, 6.7 CUMMINS, 4X4, Auto, CC, SB, Fully Loaded, Firestone air bags, Matching Front Window Tint.
    Let The Mods Begin.

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bighog85 View Post
    Ya, it's a '16 so that answers my question. I don't care as much about the DPF system, just the EGR but oh well. I'm still trying to decide if I want to void my warranty so we'll see.
    I was in the same boat when I got my '12 new. Thankfully my dealership was very mod friendly so that made it I bit easier but I still stressed until I finally pulled the trigger. So far it has been a great decision but still worry from time to time and still will until I hit 100k in about 2 more years.

Greg

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI