Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: fuel psi gauge

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

fuel psi gauge

i have a 01 ho cummins and wanna hook up a fuel pressure gague where would be the best place too put i have a snubber valve but so i need a tapped banjo bolt or anything else im running a stock lift pump im fixing too get a air dog but for now id like too hook up a psi gauge thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Anywhere down stream of the pump/filter will work.

Couple of 3/8 hose barbs and a brass 3/8 T with a couple of clamps is all you need.

I found this article http://www.genosgarage.com/GenosGara...ssureGauge.pdf

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Use a banjo bolt at the inlet to the Injector pump. Then you will know when your filter needs changed as well.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

fuel psi gauge

As close to the injection pump as you can to get an accurate reading of what psi the VP is actually seeing. I also highly recommend running a needle valve to control water hammer. They are cheap, only about $6 at NAPA, work great, and give you the ability to shut fuel off to the gauge if need be.
    Are you running a mechanical or electrical gauge?

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Glowshift says to install the sensor,snubber valve, and new banjo bolt to the under side of the fuel filter canister (replacing the factory banjo bolt) i was thinking of replacing the banjo bolt on the injection pump itself instead. is this what you are suggesting?

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

At the pump is where Edge and Quadzilla take the readings. Makes sense because it is at the point of delivery and after all the bends and turns and potential leaks. So I agree with Chris for once.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC