Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Blown Head Gasket

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Blown Head Gasket

About 3.5 weeks ago I noticed a gurgling sound behind the dashboard on the passenger side. I took it in to the dealership, was told I had a bad EGR, I could replace it at $1800 including labor or do the Delete..... I chose the delete. The gurgling was still there, I took it back and was told the heater core was the culprit. Went to pick it up to find that the heater core was not the problem after new instillation... The problem turned out to be a blown head gasket and the head was warped. A new one was ordered and the block was milled. I will be picking it up from the dealership in the next day or two. What is the proper break in proceedings I should follow?

2. Thanks jas thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Blown Head Gasket

There is no breakin for that. Just drive it normal. Breakin is for the bottom end

They're shaving the block? The engine must have come out. It really shouldn't be shaved assembled either. Sounds like bull to me

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks! That's the info I need when I go to pick it up. Is there anything else I should question?

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4syth1 View Post
    Thanks! That's the info I need when I go to pick it up. Is there anything else I should question?
    I can't think of anything. . . The dealer knows not to pull crap like that on me. They know I forgot more than most of them knew

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Did you mean shaving the head? And dang man you should of posted earlier cuz perfect time for head studs. Don't know if a,dealer would of done them or not though.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.