Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A good turbo/injector setup

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

A good turbo/injector setup

Hey guys I have a 98 4x4 12 valve. It's my secondary truck and I'd like to add some power to it. Looking to be around the 500 horsepower range. The transmissions being built right now with billet input and output shaft, billet flex plate, billet dual disk torque converter over at Oceanside transmission and are guaranteeing it up to 650 horse and 1,200 torque.

Let's hear some input and suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco, Snow Dodge, Burd liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: A good turbo/injector setup

A little pump work, small injectors, and 4K gov springs would be a great start. You'd be surprised just doing the gov springs and pump work.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Snow Dodge liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Oh I forgot to mention I already did a little pump work, #8 fuel plate, 4K gov springs and blocked the waste gate

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Bump

8. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Nobody wants to help me I'm new am I doing something wrong?

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

What do you want to use the truck for? Fun only? Towing primarily? I see its your secondary truck, and I'm assuming that means you don't need to daily drive or tow heavy with it.

What is your budget and do you want 100% bolt on or are you comfortable with some fabrication? You can get 500hp easily from a single turbo, and it will still tow decently. If you want best towing manners it's hard to beat compounds. It all really depends upon how much you want to spend.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd91 View Post
    What do you want to use the truck for? Fun only? Towing primarily? I see its your secondary truck, and I'm assuming that means you don't need to daily drive or tow heavy with it.

What is your budget and do you want 100% bolt on or are you comfortable with some fabrication? You can get 500hp easily from a single turbo, and it will still tow decently. If you want best towing manners it's hard to beat compounds. It all really depends upon how much you want to spend.
    Thanks for the reply. I do tow my toys to the desert with this truck sometimes. I'd say somewhere around $5,000

14. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

A good turbo/injector setup

Many different ways to spend a budget like that, vendors I might suggest aren't paying vendors here. Compounds are a lot of fun, but I'd personally probably stick with a single for only 500hp if you aren't towing all the time and want to save some money vs compounds. Something like an s362/68 with your choice of turbine housing and something around 5x.014s should do 500hp and tow nicely. For cheap compounds, an He351cw over an S475/96/1.32 will tow heavy all day as long as your cooling system can keep up and are good for at least 550hp and very quick spool. Unless you're trying for over 600hp, I wouldn't go to an s300 secondary in compounds. You can use smaller turbos in a compound setup that will spool even faster and still do 500+hp, but they will cost more. Really depends how badly you want to spend your whole budget and how much of a perfectionist you are.

15. Likes dmuney, nick.moulis, Snow Dodge liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sorry for the late response I appreciate the info you are giving me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast