Quote Originally Posted by nick.moulis View Post
Hey guys I have a 98 4x4 12 valve. It's my secondary truck and I'd like to add some power to it. Looking to be around the 500 horsepower range. The transmissions being built right now with billet input and output shaft, billet flex plate, billet dual disk torque converter over at Oceanside transmission and are guaranteeing it up to 650 horse and 1,200 torque.

Let's hear some input and suggestions https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...3ee9ad40a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm Assuming you have a 46RE trans. It's the same as the 518 basically. A weak spot is the Acumulator piston, which is made of plastic. Have them put in a Billet piston. The front band servo tends to cockers (Correct word is censored) in the cylinder. There is an upgrade that has an additional ring on the piston that eliminates that. It's really a towing upgrade which improves the 1-2 shift.

Do yourself a favor and ask about these two items. Every 518, 46 and 48 I have done has the problems I described. In my case, my intermediate drum was destroyed because I lost too much pressure from the Accumulator. That caused me to have to rebuild it. For the first time I sent the trans out (I'm too old for this shtuff now) and he didn't even look at the front servo other than to put new rings on it. 1-2 was flakey shifting, so I had to go back in and repair it later. @Cascade Trans Parts has that upgrade. You'll be glad you spent the few extra to do the upgrade. It's well thought out and works very well. I don't know of a rear band upgrade, but there may be one.

I bet in the 45 years I have been dabbling with transmissions, I've done 50 by now. All Mopar. All but one is still running around. That one may be in another car now.

Just some real friendly advice.