Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stock boost gauge/reading

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Stock boost gauge/reading

I have a 2013 2500 with the "premium" gauge cluster. Is it limited to reading 36psi on boost? I haven't put a mechanical gauge on it to check my actual boost numbers but was curious if it was a gauge limitation or the limit of the stock VGT.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Stock boost gauge/reading

Quote Originally Posted by aglisson2013 View Post
    I have a 2013 2500 with the "premium" gauge cluster. Is it limited to reading 36psi on boost? I haven't put a mechanical gauge on it to check my actual boost numbers but was curious if it was a gauge limitation or the limit of the stock VGT.
    Are you looking to get 36 psi on your VGT?

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

If reading correctly I'm hitting 36psi on race tune

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Do you have head studs?

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Haven't checked yet. Previous owner did the delete and hardway tuning

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I might be wrong but you want to be carefull with that kind of boost pressure on a VGT without them.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes aglisson2013, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

Hello every one how much boost can a 2014 3500 push. Just kinda curious and also it's fully deleted with raceme ultra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joel14cummins View Post
    Hello every one how much boost can a 2014 3500 push. Just kinda curious and also it's fully deleted with raceme ultra

If you don't have head studs you're gonna want to leave the boost at stock levels. Which is max 36 psi on the VGT. Ray's WARP tuning keeps my boost at 32 max.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

11. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

The stock MAP sensor will only read to 36 psi. That doesn't mean that the stock VGT won't make more than that. However 34-36 psi is the max you want to push that turbo as after that it's getting out of its map and is no longer efficient. Keeping it down around the 32 mark like Ray's tuning does is a better option than trying to push it to the max. As mentioned above, if you don't have a drive pressure gauge you want to be careful as well as you don't want that getting out of hand.

What a lot of guys fail to remember as well is that boost isn't necessarily a measure of airflow, it's a measure of restriction. You can run all the boost you want but if your intake and engine are choking it you're still not getting good airflow.

13. Thanks TX NIGHT TRAIN thanked for this post
    Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN, theaaronbush, SyN liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    If you don't have head studs you're gonna want to leave the boost at stock levels. Which is max 36 psi on the VGT. Ray's WARP tuning keeps my boost at 32 max.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast