Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  22
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stock boost gauge/reading

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Stock boost gauge/reading

@Polaraco You know your way around the drive pressure situation pretty well. Can you provide an assist here?

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=brandonjansen;72955]I use ISSPRO gauges; very happy with them. For the drive pressure I have it installed in the EGR cooler block off plate as it was already taped for a fitting. The coil of copper runs up from there to decipate the heat and then to an electronic sensor wired to the gauge. /QUOTE]

Probably a noob question.... But Where is your EGT sensor if you are using the EGR block off for you drive pressure sensor?

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=4kids2dogs&RV;72979]
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
    I use ISSPRO gauges; very happy with them. For the drive pressure I have it installed in the EGR cooler block off plate as it was already taped for a fitting. The coil of copper runs up from there to decipate the heat and then to an electronic sensor wired to the gauge. /QUOTE]

Probably a noob question.... But Where is your EGT sensor if you are using the EGR block off for you drive pressure sensor?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post

I drilled and tapped the manifold collector (just above the turbo) and put it there. That's a more accurate location to read EGT's as that's where the most heat will be. I figured I had to drill and tap one hole anyway I might as well put the one that matters there. Pressure is the same throughout the whole manifold so the drive pressure sensor could go anywhere.

5. Thanks 4kids2dogs&RV thanked for this post
    Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
    Essentially as close to your boost pressure as possible. A 1:1 ratio is ideal but not common. Good tuning often yields lower drive pressure, poor tuning will yield higher. With Ray's custom tunes my drive pressure is very good. I don't recall what I've maxed it out at. But I know pulling 10,000 lbs up a 7% grade I was running 27 psi of boost and 28 psi of drive pressure which is very good.
    Given that you don't want to push the stock VGT much past 34 psi I personally wouldn't want to see more than about 51 psi of drive pressure (1:1.5 ratio). That's under load of course. Using the exhaust brake is a completely different story. I've buried my 60 psi drive pressure gauge on the exhaust brake. When there's no combustion pressures going on drive pressure isn't as much of a worry.
    Thank you for explaining that. I greatly appreciate that.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

7. Thanks 4kids2dogs&RV thanked for this post
    Likes 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

So we can put a drive presser line in it exhaust manifold right where the turbo bolts to it

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

9. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flanagan View Post
    So we can put a drive presser line in it exhaust manifold right where the turbo bolts to it

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    EGT location and drive pressure ideally would be at the exit point of the exhaust manifold/entrance of the turbo exhaust.

I would say anywhere you would put egt probe in manifold then drive pressure would be okay as well.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123