Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  63
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Newbie's Guide To 4th Gen Cummins - Thread Summaries Knowledge Base

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

A Newbie's Guide To 4th Gen Cummins - Thread Summaries Knowledge Base

Great write up! I'm still working on reading all the info you have but if you could shed any light if haven't already, on basic parameter settings max -mins and what's recommended to monitor egt, boost, rail pressure, timing,ect.
    Thanks

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Update: section 14 under raceme ultra

Original:
    All the information about settings for timing and transmission are in the very detailed raceme Ultra installation guide, I think it's linked in this newbie guide.

One thing I've always wondered is if you can load a lean tune like 120hp and have doubleR somehow decrease/limit/delay the throttle response or create a limiter profile somehow, so that you're forced to drive like a grandpa even with the pedal down, but with the lean 120hp tune. I'm not sure if it's possible but would be great too see how high gas mileage would get. I haven't ordered tunes yet bc I don't know what I should want, don't want to screw things up, or wish I had requested something else like towing my boat w a stock tranny but want less EGTs, lower trans temps, and so less hp than stock if I'm going to tow nonstop across the US w my dad and starting to head into the rockies. One day I'll feel confident enough in my knowledge.

I think it would be amazing if Double R could put together a chalkboard lecture about tuning what can be done, what would cost extra and takes more time if anything, and kind of basic info so you can build your knowledge a little bit.

It might get confusing though for some people who are new and explanations might become very lengthy and difficult for him to answer. I've tried to find books and other information on tuning for racing and other stuff and haven't found anything. I looked on YouTube and found some guys in Australia who put in a turbo and they discussed putting in a new ECM and and tuning that. But I think a lot of people worry about their intellectual property /knowledge getting out and ruining their business. I've not been able to get much information on settings other than what I've been able to find in hundreds of threads and posted in that very detailed raceme Ultra installation guide. I wonder how racers learn how to tune, it must just be passed down from Friends and father to son. I think all we have to adjust is injection timing and amounts, maybe exhaust brake gear/plate when spooling, timing degrees, and trans shifting spots and pressures.

Sent from my Studio XL 2 using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Wow, what a tremendous amount of research & personal time this represents of which I appreciate VERY MUCH!! Thank you!!

Eric

Eric
    2013 / 3500 Tradesman / 6.7L / G56 / CCLB / SWD

5. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Thumbs Up to this post. Will be good to reference in the future for sure. Thanks for providing @Stewbuntu.

Alex

7. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I just came across this thread by accident!
    Wow that's alot of very very very useful info, i must say thank you for your time effort and knowledge
    i will be refering to this in the future

9. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Subscribed

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

11. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Great info thanks for sharing

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

13. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Great job that was a ton of work. I joined the site because of this thread.

15. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Great info and insight very well written up and done

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Wow is all I can say. Such great information. Thank you for taking your time and putting that together.

2012 RAM / 3500 CCLB / 68RFE / Bone stock.... for now....

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast