Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: 2011 low power?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2011 low power?

I bought a used 2011 6.7 3500 laramie with 82 000 km this summer. It seems to me that it doesn't have as much power as I expected. When going up hills that are not terribly steep maybe 5 percent grade or less i have the pedal to the floor in order to maintain 100 km/hr while the truck is empty not towing. Truck shows no codes or anything. There is a sticker under the hood showing that the ecm was flashed by the dealer at some point. Everything is stock on the truck except tires which are 33". Is it really this gutless stock and needs deletes or is there something more?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2011 low power?

My 2012 seemed gutless when brand new. Deletes and tuning soon fixed that problem. I absolutely love it now with Ray's MCC Tuning! Warp is coming after New Years for me.

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

3. Likes DanO liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The torque management on the early 4th gens is a real bear. I expect that is what you are feeling. There are several ways around it. Deleting is certainly one of them but not required. Emissions intact tuning will get you there too.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

And welcome to the forum!!

Greg

Greg

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks greg for the welcome, I guess a delete is in my future! I kind of assumed that would be my solution. Thinking of doing the egr delete and a DPF delete pipe to keep it simple. Probably a mild tow tune, and maybe head studs in the near future before camping season comes around again and I am hauling the 30 ft trailer.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadbob17 View Post
    Thanks greg for the welcome, I guess a delete is in my future! I kind of assumed that would be my solution. Thinking of doing the egr delete and a DPF delete pipe to keep it simple. Probably a mild tow tune, and maybe head studs in the near future before camping season comes around again and I am hauling the 30 ft trailer.

If you are not subject to emissions testing I strongly suggest deletes. I deleted my truck at 5k miles. I used only delete pipe, EGR still in place but disabled. No studs yet either, but I'm not too hard on my truck so they have not been a priority for me. I'm at 55k now and no issues other than a water pump changed under warranty a month or so ago. You will love your truck deleted and tuned. I run 2 tunes, a mild tow tune for camper season and hot tune for the rest of the year because the MPGs are slightly better. I love my custom tuning from @Double R Diesel but what ever direction you decide make sure you get trans tuning. It makes all the difference in the world.

Greg

Greg

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

That's awesome makes me excited to do the deletes! I have a buddy that owns a dodge diesel shop so I will bring it there for the tuning and do the rest myself. I'll have to ask more about what tunes he uses and if he tunes transmission etc.

10. Likes Power247 liked this post