Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Aftermarket filter

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Aftermarket filter

Looking on amazon for canister filters they have the OEM filters but I also cam across a brand I never heard of, auto defender. You get six filters for $100, compared to the one OEM filter for $89. Anybody use this brand before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Aftermarket filter

Never heard of them.

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Me either. I have only used Fleetguard filters.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Well I had some time and could only find the filters through Amazon. Doing a web search, NOTHING came up for Auto Defender. Now I'm not gonna say they are trash. I don't know. But if you can only find information through Amazon or Ebay only, then this should goive you a lead as to the quality and or workmanship in these filters. Especially since one of your filters are $89 and you get can get a hoard of Auto Defenders filters for $100. I do know many filter companies do make filters for off brand companies and some are good and some are trash. But without knowing the manufacture, the past history of the products, the micron rating and such, do you want to chance your high dollar truck engine to these filters ?

Your 2015 is still a somewhat newer truck, and truck companies and suppliers still consider your vehicle needs at the higher dollar value and some parts are still just keeping up. In time, the market will be flooded with all you will need and the prices will drop. Might I suggest you buy what you know and trust for now, and in time, actually find real documenting of these filters and the company, and then deside if it's worth it. If I were in your shoes, I'd be walking away.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

My thoughts exactly. I spent about an hour and couldn't find a review any where thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker liked this post