Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Shopping for steel bumpers

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Shopping for steel bumpers

So I've been toying with the idea of getting steel bumpers for my Cummins, and I got a few questions. So I know a lot steel bumpers are usually really pricey, but I came across these outlaw brand bumpers that look like they'd give a lot of protection to my front end but they're like.. a lot cheaper than other brands I've looked at like road armor and buckstop. I'm wondering if anyone has one of these outlaw bumpers and how they like it (I'll put the link below). I know typically you get what you pay for; and I'm sort of wondering if this outlaw brand would be lesser in quality compared to more expensive brands. Also if anyone feels like there is a certain brand that is or isn't that great, I would really appreciate the input. Also some of these websites that say they have bumpers that would fit my 2nd gen Ram only show pics of the bumper on a third gen body style: so if you guys (or girls) got steel bumpers on your 2nd gens it would be cool if you could post 'em up so I could get a good idea of what it would look like on mine (1997). Thanks!

http://www.hdtruckware.com/dodge-c-3...nal-p-395.html

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Shopping for steel bumpers

Quote Originally Posted by mattynite View Post
    So I've been toying with the idea of getting steel bumpers for my Cummins, and I got a few questions. So I know a lot steel bumpers are usually really pricey, but I came across these outlaw brand bumpers that look like they'd give a lot of protection to my front end but they're like.. a lot cheaper than other brands I've looked at like road armor and buckstop. I'm wondering if anyone has one of these outlaw bumpers and how they like it (I'll put the link below). I know typically you get what you pay for; and I'm sort of wondering if this outlaw brand would be lesser in quality compared to more expensive brands. Also if anyone feels like there is a certain brand that is or isn't that great, I would really appreciate the input. Also some of these websites that say they have bumpers that would fit my 2nd gen Ram only show pics of the bumper on a third gen body style: so if you guys (or girls) got steel bumpers on your 2nd gens it would be cool if you could post 'em up so I could get a good idea of what it would look like on mine (1997). Thanks!

http://www.hdtruckware.com/dodge-c-3...nal-p-395.html
    If you have welding skills I would look into Move bumpers. They are a weld it and paint it yourself so they are a lot cheaper.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I thought about welding my own bumper because I've welded and fabricated other things for my pickup but I feel like making a bumper is a huge project and I don't have my own shop I always use the welder and shop at work and I just really want to take up a lot of space at work for a longer period of time, ya know? Plus I don't think I'm THAT good of a welder, I always end up grinding off 1/3 of my welds because I don't like how they look hahaha

4. Top Of Page | #4

Graves truck gear