Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P226C

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

P226C

I have a 2014 tradesman 26000 miles warp tuned and deleted. Driving today and i get a P226C code boost control slow response. Anyone dealt with this issue yet? From what I have been reading on the interwebs this has resulted in a turbo replacement. Really like Rays new setup but wasnt ready for it just yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 2500 TRADESMAN "SMOKED A BIT TURBO LIT AND THAT WAS IT"

2. Likes walla2k5, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: P226C

Quote Originally Posted by DUST1N View Post
    I have a 2014 tradesman 26000 miles warp tuned and deleted. Driving today and i get a P226C code boost control slow response. Anyone dealt with this issue yet? From what I have been reading on the interwebs this has resulted in a turbo replacement. Really like Rays new setup but wasnt ready for it just yet.

Unfortunately the VGT will fail sooner or later on our trucks. I'd say 90% of VGT failures are either an electrical or mechanical failure of the actuator assembly inside the turbo. The P226C code is usually a result of the desired VGT closed position of the actuator not falling in line close enough of the actual position. Often times the culprit is a sticking actuator from soot deposit, but sometimes thing electrical part fails too. Make sure you engage the exhaust brake often to exercise the actuator. Also switching the truck to run and off consecutively will cycle the actuator. If doing this doesn't help, then you will be looking at a turbo removal, repair, replacement in the near future... I'd say it might be a good excuse for a 2nd gen swap if that was ever a thought.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

is not running the exhaust brake a bad thing. I always run mine even if I'm hauling kids ( they love it) ( me more thow). it makes sense if you don't use it you lose it, is it that easy?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

5. Likes walla2k5, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I try to run mine all the time but don't usually remember when I am just running around local. I always run the eb on long trips.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Mine is always on no matter what kinda driving I'm doing and It still developed this issue. Only has 26k on it

8. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Mine is always on no matter what kinda driving I'm doing and It still developed this issue. Only has 26k on it

Sounds like you have a lemon of a turbo. They can fail that quick, but that would be rare and surely due to defect.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

10. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

With warp do i still need to eave the exhaust pressure sensor plugged in. It is just asking to make sure

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

With warp do i still need to eave the exhaust pressure sensor plugged in. It is just asking to make sure

No. As long as your brake is working properly it is fine. I have access to the default mapping that the ecm kicks into when the sensor is unplugged and have all that is taken care of.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

13. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I'm running an EFI live tune with delete and straight exhaust. Had the turbo and actuator replaced in November and then the tune and delete done in January. My truck will surge and then the exhaust brake will open. Calls for 38% and VGT is stuck at 95%. Had the tune taken out and reloaded just to make sure it loaded correctly. The turbo is out and the turbo rebuilder can't find anything wrong with the turbo or actuator. 2014 Ram 3500 6.7. HELP

15. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Did you use a good quality actuator or cheap Ebay one

17. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast