Geno's Garage

Thanks Thanks:  105
Likes Likes:  198
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Diesel 2nd Gen Turbo Kits

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Stainless Diesel 2nd Gen Turbo Kits

Double R Diesel is proud to announce we are now an authorized Stainless Diesel product dealer!

We will be adding products on our website daily...so check them out!

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Stainless Diesel 2nd Gen Turbo Kits

@Double R Diesel that's awesome!! Looks like you are starting to expand quite rapidly!

3. Thanks Double R Diesel thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel congrats! Keep up the good work!

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

5. Thanks Double R Diesel, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

BOOM! #awesome #doublerdiesel

Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

7. Thanks Double R Diesel thanked for this post
    Likes Double R Diesel, AnOldBiker liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Here are some shots from a customer's 2012 truck I have tuned that has the standard Stainless Diesel S465 kit installed. Notice the turbo is mounted facing up, which is characteristic of the SD kit. They claim better spool, but having turbo sit high definitely makes access easier and looks great! No worries about excess heat because a turbo blanket is included with the kit.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

9. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Man that set up looks sweet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Double R Diesel thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Double R Diesel liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

I have the stainless 465 kit. It is definetely a nice set up on stock fuel. Pulls nice and hard, does 60 mph burnouts on the highway. Installation was pretty smooth and lined up fairly decent. The intercooler pipe was a little goofy but worked. Only issue l had with the install was the down pipe didn't line up for squat.. Only thing to keep an eye on after the fact is the bolts that hold the manifold o the head. Mine keep wanting to work their way out. All in all great kit thougj and would purchase again

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, Double R Diesel thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ron2012cummins View Post
    I have the stainless 465 kit. It is definetely a nice set up on stock fuel. Pulls nice and hard, does 60 mph burnouts on the highway. Installation was pretty smooth and lined up fairly decent. The intercooler pipe was a little goofy but worked. Only issue l had with the install was the down pipe didn't line up for squat.. Only thing to keep an eye on after the fact is the bolts that hold the manifold o the head. Mine keep wanting to work their way out. All in all great kit thougj and would purchase again
    Thanks for the honest input! Johnny makes a top notch kit, but he, and like many other kit makers, use a generic downpipe that is a little short. I just bought a kit for my 2016 and Trevor at Stainless insisted the downpipe would fit. However just eyeballing what he sent, I'm gonna say I'll have to cut it and add some length in the down leg.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Shane G., Snow Dodge liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

sorry if I sound like a total idiot. but what is the biggest reason for a 2nd gen swap? I have a 2013, has plenty of power for me. does this just get the vgt out? Or does it add power?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

16. Top Of Page | #10
    Did someone say Moderator? RATLIN'HP's Avatar

User Info Menu

Power. Lower egt. Less drive pressure. Looks cool. Sounds bad a$$.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

17. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast