Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Air bags

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Air bags

So I was pondering the idea of air bags on my 03 2500 srw. I don't know much about them tho. I love the idea of adjustable ride height and comfrontable at that but what's the catch? Why isn't everyone doing it? Expensive? Hassel? Unreliable? Please fill me in on air bag suspension

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Air bags

For my truck, the stock suspension is all I need. If I were to haul larger loads more often, I'd be looking into improving my truck. These would be very much be considered. But why add if not needed ? My opinion is others on this fourm haul loads that warrant them. If a person wants to add them just because they like the look ... it's their truck and their money.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well trust me the stock suspension is plenty for what I haul but would they contribute to the look and rode comfront?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

If your not hauling heavy enough loads it will most likely make for a rougher ride. I have them for my fiver which its tongue weight is close to my max pay load but even at the minimum psi when empty they make for a little rougher ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post