Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: 911 - Need Help ASAP - RaceME Ultra

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

911 - Need Help ASAP - RaceME Ultra

Hey Guys,

Been a while since I posted. I swapped my deletes and RaceMe Ultra from my 2013 to my 2015 Ram 3500 this AM. The only difference is the 2015 has the AISIN transmission. The tuner is not showing increased power rates. Only the 30HP tune. Also, CEL is on and all DTC's were cleared before tuning. Anyone else had this issues or know some quick things to check?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 911 - Need Help ASAP - RaceME Ultra

Ok I figured out the tuning problem. But CEL is still on and not showing DTC. I have double checked and found one plug still running into the DELPHI unit on frame from exhaust. Unplugged and still CEL. Unplugged batteries positive and negative and going to let sit for hour or so and try again.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

No need to worry. When you tune an Aisin equipped truck, you get the CEL because the TCM for the Aisin recognizes the communication loss with the ECM during the flash and causes the CEL. It will go away after 4 engine run cycles. 😉

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Thanks TH-64, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes TH-64, IGOTACUMMINS, TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Ray @Double R Diesel thank you. It did finally go away. Now my problem is that the tuner is not reading boost. The truck is, but not the tuner. Also, do you unplug the throttle valve electrical plug under intake horn? And one more question... the electrical plug by where the egr cooler use to be that sticks straight up and connects to a tube to the head pipe... what is that and do you unplug or leave plugged up?

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hugedogleg View Post
    Ray @Double R Diesel thank you. It did finally go away. Now my problem is that the tuner is not reading boost. The truck is, but not the tuner. Also, do you unplug the throttle valve electrical plug under intake horn? And one more question... the electrical plug by where the egr cooler use to be that sticks straight up and connects to a tube to the head pipe... what is that and do you unplug or leave plugged up?
    When running box tuning, its best to leave everything plugged in under the hood on a 13-16 model.

Try changing some of your gauges on your Ultra around to see if your boost reads. Having some SAE gauges selected will make other gauges not work.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Not to change the subject, but I was wondering do the learned TCM values reset when you load a tune on a Aisin truck? Is there anything you can do to reset the Aisin to learn a new power level?

2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 AISIN 3.73 DRW - RaceMe Ultra / WARP by Double R Diesel
    2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 68RFE 3.73 - Mini Maxx MCC by Double R Diesel
    2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4 Garmon 68RFE 3.73 - 500k+ miles Raceme Ultra / Warp by Double R Diesel