Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Do I call these running boards or Running Steps?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Do I call these running boards or Running Steps?

So I just recently welded and fabricated these steps for my 12 valve. I think they look sweet. But I don't really know what to technically call them. Running Boards? Running Steps? I don't think they count as nerf bars.. but so far I've only really been calling them home made because well.. they are! What do you guys think?

RAM07.JPGRAM09.JPGRAM08.JPG

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Do I call these running boards or Running Steps?

Not sure what to call them but I like them!!! Glad I'm not the only one who likes lights!!

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Nice job man! I think I would call them side steps

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Agree ... side steps .. or lite side steps.
    And I like them.
    But I'm old fashion ... where's the chrome ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

7. Thanks hoe thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm not a big chrome guy, I'm actually going to take all the chrome off of my 12 valve eventually. The whole thing will be brown and black,

9. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

And thanks I'm glad you guys like it!

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, AnOldBiker liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I guess I'm from the era of yester-year and still like the touch of chrome on a vehicle. I do have a twitch when I last went shopping for a 'lil vehicle for the wife and seen nothing but paint on every vehicle on the lot. Sorry, they looked like those Hot Wheels toys to me. But we are the same age, and when the salesman asked her what she thought, she asked if there were vehicles that the kids with spray cans didn't touchup that she could look at ?

We're old ... they had to work with us or not make a sale.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mattynite View Post
    So I just recently welded and fabricated these steps for my 12 valve. I think they look sweet. But I don't really know what to technically call them. Running Boards? Running Steps? I don't think they count as nerf bars.. but so far I've only really been calling them home made because well.. they are! What do you guys think?

RAM07.JPGRAM09.JPGRAM08.JPG
    i'd call them side steps i love them great job

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Pssssssst @mattynite I still think they would look great dressed in chrome ....

Jim

14. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks guys!