Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A/C not blowing hard

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

A/C not blowing hard

I pulled the dash and climate box, replaced my dirty evaporator coil. Cut out the template and installed cabin air filter. That helped a lot but the airflow still is not as good as my 2015 truck. This is my 2014 2500 diesel. Anyone have any suggestions? I have also replaced the blower motor resistor. Still does not blow very hard. Need help please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: A/C not blowing hard

Maybe dumb but the only thing I can think of is making sure the filter is in the right direction? Making sure the door that changes positions is 100% free and moving properly.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Is the blower motor and squirrel cage running as it should ?
    Blower doors moving completely as they should .. allowing flow or blockage of flow .. when needed ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm really not sure how to check the doors you are talking about. When I had the case apart I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The blower motor is running but I'm not sure if it's running as fast as it's supposed to?

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

what about heat and defrost?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

They both seem to blow about the same as A/C

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Not as hard as they should.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

My 2014 hasn't blown hard from day one off the lot. Always thought something was messed up till this day. Love to hear a fix

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Blower motor resistor. Less than $8
    Easy to replace

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #10
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@keith1316 have you ever fixed this issue ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast