Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Exhaust systems for Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust systems for Cummins

I have a plan to replace my existing exhaust system with a new one. Always I am using BC Diesel online website to purchase accessories for my truck. I checked their website to find exhaust systems. They are providing the spare parts of 2 companies. Here you can check it https://www.bcdiesel.ca/en/exhaust-s...mponents-1-1-1 . Can you tell me which brand would be better for my Cummins 5.9L engine?

2. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust systems for CUmmins

Since no one has chimed in yet, yet me throw my two cents in worth.
    I prefer the stainless steel version if I can afford it when buying. It cost more, but last so much more.
    I have the Pro Flo and very happy with it.
    But then, my son-in-laws friend works at a shop where I bought it ... at cost ... and for a 12 pack that weekend, they put it on.
    That's why I have the Flo Pro.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust systems for Cummins

I like SS Flo Pro as well. Fit and finish is great and comes with band clamps instead of those crappy u bolt muffler clamps.

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

6. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Flo~Pro makes a great 5", turbo back exhaust system. I've had mine on my early '07 for 5+ years now with zero issue's.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker, LB Heating liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I'm happy with the 5" afe turbo back on my 2015. Only been on a short while so far....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker, IGOTACUMMINS, LB Heating liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

Can't go wrong with our 5" Expandit Exhaust Kits

Diesel Dawgs Performance
    (828)399-1556

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Not to hijack the thread, but to provide information to me and the OP, my last truck I put exhaust on and I put on a 5" aluminized MBRP exhaust, and the shop tack welded the pipes together, and tacked the clamps to the pipe. I just ordered a SS Flo Pro exhaust for my current truck, and now I'm wondering if I can tack the pipes and clamps, or if that will damage/tarnish the integrity of the pipe?

2016 Ram 3500 CCLB, BD Steering Brace, BDS Dual Steering Stabilizer, MM3 Warp tuning by DRD w/mm3 pyro, Flo-Pro 5" TBE w/muffler, ARP 625's, Flo-Pro EGR Delete