Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best intake elbow

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

That's the one I was looking at too. I have other things I need to do first.

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Best intake elbow

I run a pusher I like it. And it's blue ha

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Best intake elbow

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy-J View Post
    Got my 97 that I'm looking to put a new intake elbow in. I was thinking AFE but does anyone recommend anyone else?
    The stock one.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd91 View Post
    The stock one.
    I'm gonna have to take you under my wing son. LOL Go look at the pusher installation in How to's. You have to be kidding. When you see the pictures, you'll know right away. Look at the pictures of the 2 intakes.

I installed a Pusher a few weeks ago. I liked it so much I did an install thread on it.

http://igotacummins.com/showthread.php?752-How-to-install-a-PUSHER-Air-Horn-on-a-5-9-Cummins

From an engineers standpoint, Dodge is choking the heck out of these. Much of it is cost, and much is workable space. If the aftermarket could do it, why couldn't they???

Unlike the casting units, the Pusher is smooth inside and has no abrupt curves or turns. Because the tubing is thinner, they have more room under the hood to make it curve smoothly. That and it is extremely well priced compared to the other 5.9 options.

The also have a distribution system for the 24V. It's pretty cool and makes sense. I never saw anything like it. A bit cumbersom looking, but function wise, it will definitely overcome the issues of air flow in the 5.9 intake. If I were going a 12 valve, and you have the bucks, go with the dual intake. Maybe someday, when I have a bit of money, I will redo mine with his better distribution system.

http://www.pusherintakes.com/category_s/3.htm

www.truckwurx.com His site is broken again. You can PM Him

Last edited by Polaraco; 12-19-2012 at 03:00 AM.

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Best intake elbow

Look on the inside of the intake elbow of a VP truck. It's not choked down like a CR intake elbow. There is no dyno proof showing increased power from the aftermarket elbow, and the stock one has supported over 700hp on many trucks. Sometimes the buttdyno feels better cause your wallet is lighter

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I've seen them too. But I still disagree. There are dyno tests. I thing there were some curves on Pushers site.

7. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Best intake elbow

Inconclusive at best from what I've seen. Usually not a same truck, same day, same dyno, same tuning. So many variables that go into a dyno number. I never said intake elbows hurt performance, and they definitely look better than stock, but they are really not necessary. In a lot of cases there are other things that the money can be put into that will yield greater results

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

True. I am skepticle of the curves. I know the plenum on my truck was less than 200. The castings are twice as much. That didn't lighten the wallet much

9. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Best intake elbow

With $200 I bought most of the piping I needed to make a big enough distraction so my stock intake elbow isn't noticed :thumbsup:

10. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I picked mine up with the twins from a junkyard for about that price. Twins, piping, everything. Off a wrecked 12V. I was lucky enough to see the truck towed in. 1st one in it, and i got some goodies!

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast