Thanks Thanks:  55
Likes Likes:  84
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MM3 Tuner vs EFI Live for Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Tuner vs EFI Live for Cummins

Howdy folks! With things changing rapidly in the tuning world and the recent introduction of the MM3 tuner, I thought I'd throw up up a thread showing what I feel are true advantages the MM3 tuner has over the EFI Live Platform which includes their Autocal and V2 Flashscan devices. I'll just merely break the ice here and invite others to state their opinions as well!

EFI Live has been around for the Cummins for a while now. The tuning platform works quite well in capable hands. However their hardware is old and outdated. We know this from the storage capacity within the devices to hold tune files, the fact the newer trucks require a unlock from either a Bully Dog tuner or bench to use EFI Live, and also just the 1980's look and feel on the EFI Live hardware. Now many would argue that it works, and it does, but things must evolve to meet demands. We must also note that EFI Live only goes back to 2006 for the Cummins and the 10-16 trucks only have a minimal amount of parameters mapped out for public use.

Now the MM3!!!

The MM3 is one high tech and powerful piece of hardware. It is a modern touch screen device. It can unlock the later ECMs for tuning, tune all Dodge/Ram Cummins trucks all the back to the 1998.5 VP model (with UDC Pro-RT tuning software) up to the 2016 year models (with UDC Pro-RT and Warp tuning softwares), and also serve as gauge monitoring station! The MM3 comes with all necessary hardware and also can accept an optional EGT probe for EGT monitoring. The MM3 can be placed in a variety of tech modes that can provide the professional with a wealth of vehicle information as well as flash in recovery files to fix and alter ECM operations.

As we I mentioned above the MM3 is not limited to one tuning software. It can use both UDC Pro-RT software and Warp tuning software. This allows the tuner (both professional and novice) to tune all trucks back to the 1998.5 model and have full ECM control over the newer models where this becomes extremely important. Best of all, both tuning softwares are publicly available and you don't have to obtain base files from a variety of sources...its all right there for you in both UDC Pro-RT and Warp.

UDC Pro-RT 1998.5 VP truck

Warp 2016 Aisin Pickup

Some have argued recently that UDC Pro and Warp lack the same data logging power that EFI Live has...and this has been somewhat true. However I have been told that true 100% data logging is almost ready for UDC Pro/Warp users, which will put the MM3 solidly ahead!

So here you have it in a nutshell! A lot has been brought to the table with the MM3 and more is to come with software advances! I can't say just yet what is coming the next 6 months, but the competition is going to blown away!

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Tuner vs EFI Live for Cummins

Subscribed for this one!!!

Great post @Double R Diesel

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Thanks DRD, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, lcarrasco thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, lcarrasco liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Subscribed also @Double R Diesel as I find myself kinda on the outside looking in.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

5. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I'm just throwing rough times out here, but the bully can take up to an hour to unlock the ecm in 13-16 trucks, then the efi takes another 15 minutes, and is quite complicated. MM3 unlocks and loads tuning in like 10 minutes, and is much more user friendly and forgiving. The number of tunes is endless on MM3, and limited to 4 or 5 with efi. An MM3 is not locked to a single one companies tuning, and can actually have tunes from multiple tuners installed on it. You can purchase multiple vins to tune up to 4 trucks with one MM3, which is unlike autocal one truck use. I can go on and on but I better go to work.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

MM3 FTW!! Can't wait to get my tune from you Ray!! Thanks for this info buddy!!

8. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, stoweboy250, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Also to talk about data logs a bit. I'll mention the darkside a bit. If this was there, it would have 10 post already about not having data logging. Well ultra came out little over a year ago. And back then it was oh you don't have trans tuning. We got that, and then it was oh you don't have custom tuning. We got that and it's down to oh you don't have data logging. Well I'm thinking it's safe to say we're gonna get that too LOL. In just a little over a year we got trans tuning, custom tuning, RT, and the introduction of MM3. Safe to say if they say data logging is coming, it is!

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

And I should say I hope I don't sound like I'm bashing efi. That's not what I'm trying to do at all. It certainly was first to the market for 13-16 trucks, and has been in the game of tuning for many years. Anyone that has it, has a good product, and I'm in no way trying to cut anyone down. I'm simply stating my opinions on which one at this time I think is the bigger bang for the buck. But I'm not hating on efi at the same time, cuz they do still serve their purpose also.

11. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS, theaaronbush, Power247 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Looks like Ray got himself a new victim. This ought to be interesting. Now I have to pay for it

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, DRD liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I'll chime in also. Because of manufacture warranty requirements, I've had to switch from my RaceMe Warp to EFI live. I had a very short time with Warp on my latest mods then. So now I've been running EFI live for about 2k miles. It is a good product but imo it doesn't compare to RaceMe, From it's on the fly shift to it's lack of gauges, I'd rather run the RaceMe. The tuner is good and knows his stuff, but there's only one Ray @Double R Diesel
    Here's to praying for a miracle.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, Cummins7, Power247 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Wish I had the money for a mm3 and rays tuning, but for now, my efi does ok. Now when I trade trucks next year. Ray will be one of my first calls!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast