Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calibrating computer for bigger tires???

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Calibrating computer for bigger tires???

Quote Originally Posted by niteghost View Post
    What can this guy do with the TPMS? Can it change set points and clear the low pressure alarms?
    Boy have things changed since I originally posted this! Makes me laugh at myself because I was worried about warranties and all that. Now my rig is modified like all heck!

Anyways, to answer your question, the only way to get in and change TPMS perimeters is with a scan tool that has the appropriate software. The dealer can do it, but unless you got a buddy who works there, they won’t change it due to “liabilities”. There is a feller who rents out his scanner to people. You pay a $700 deposit to him through PayPal then he mails the scanner to you with the instructions on how to change the perimeters and when you’re done, you mail it back to him. Once he gets it back in the same as sent condition, he reimburses you the deposit minus $175.00.

But before you can even do this, you must get the PIN of your truck. Every truck is assigned a PIN number which you need if you’re gonna reprogram your key FOB. Go to the parts counter at a dealer, say you need the PIN for your truck to program some new FOB’s and they’ll look up your truck with the VIN and get your PIN.

This is a PIA but is doable with little dealer involvement.

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

2. Likes Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Hyper tech tire calibration module but no filter way to change the TPMS.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 74Beeper View Post
    Boy have things changed since I originally posted this! Makes me laugh at myself because I was worried about warranties and all that. Now my rig is modified like all heck!

Anyways, to answer your question, the only way to get in and change TPMS perimeters is with a scan tool that has the appropriate software. The dealer can do it, but unless you got a buddy who works there, they won’t change it due to “liabilities”. There is a feller who rents out his scanner to people. You pay a $700 deposit to him through PayPal then he mails the scanner to you with the instructions on how to change the perimeters and when you’re done, you mail it back to him. Once he gets it back in the same as sent condition, he reimburses you the deposit minus $175.00.

But before you can even do this, you must get the PIN of your truck. Every truck is assigned a PIN number which you need if you’re gonna reprogram your key FOB. Go to the parts counter at a dealer, say you need the PIN for your truck to program some new FOB’s and they’ll look up your truck with the VIN and get your PIN.

This is a PIA but is doable with little dealer involvement.

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE
    Yeah, there is a lot of conflicting info out there on this. I read the other day somewhere that Chrysler took out the capability for the TPMS system to be altered all together from 2016 models and up, so even the dealers can't adjust them now. Who knows if that true or not. Screw it, I think I'll just put a piece of electrical tape on my dash to hide the light and roll on

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

What can this guy do with the TPMS? Can it change set points and clear the low pressure alarms?

No, there is a huge thread on Cummins forum about what you need to mod the TPMS. There are two guys on there that will loan you their machines for a very small fee. They also have a map of people that have the equipment, so you can hook up with someone in your area. The Dealer cannot alter the thresholds anymore, this function has been removed from their software. There are a few dealers that have old, outdated software packages that can do it, but there is little incentive to do so.

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

The Superchips webiste is vague is saying exactly what it can do. I'd guess that it might be able to change the threshold settings but not update the RFH which is absolutely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by jand1963 View Post
    Hyper tech tire calibration module but no filter way to change the TPMS.
    Correct. It can change the threshold settings but not update the RFH. They say that you can go to the dealer for that step. The issue is that most dealers are refusing to update the RFH and if they do they'll likely charge you an hour of labor.

Yeah, there is a lot of conflicting info out there on this. I read the other day somewhere that Chrysler took out the capability for the TPMS system to be altered all together from 2016 models and up, so even the dealers can't adjust them now. Who knows if that true or not. Screw it, I think I'll just put a piece of electrical tape on my dash to hide the light and roll on
    I agree that this is a very confusing subject. I'm not an expert but I've spent the past year helping more than 75 people make these adjustments with tons of questions. To help with the confusion and answer some common questions, I create a similar thread in this forum that can be found here ... How to set or adjust your TPMS to ANY pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    No, there is a huge thread on Cummins forum about what you need to mod the TPMS. There are two guys on there that will loan you their machines for a very small fee. They also have a map of people that have the equipment, so you can hook up with someone in your area. The Dealer cannot alter the thresholds anymore, this function has been removed from their software. There are a few dealers that have old, outdated software packages that can do it, but there is little incentive to do so.
    I'm one of the guys that Rhinopkc mentioned and the one that created the map.

8. Thanks 25-06 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12