User Info Menu

Re: 2nd gen swap or studs?

And I'm also running Ray's tuning as well

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cumminswelder View Post
    And I'm also running Ray's tuning as well
    In that case 2nd gen swap and let Ray work his magic and keep you on the safe side(as possible) then throw some studs in down the road.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

If I do get studs, would I be able to use the stock VGT wide open without worries? Or would drive pressures end up just messing up something?

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cumminswelder View Post
    If I do get studs, would I be able to use the stock VGT wide open without worries? Or would drive pressures end up just messing up something?
    If you're running Rays tuning, he keeps the drive pressure to a minimum, but as far as wide open with no worries I can't really speak for that. That would be a better question for the man himself. @Double R Diesel?

5. Likes DanO liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

2nd gen swap or studs?

Wide open means the vanes are open. That's how we get the deep tone at idle. Closed is when the vanes shut. This helps spool, but drives the drive pressure up. The stock VGT has such a large rotating mass, it is laggy when left open all the way all the time. Ray was first in MCC to really play with the VGT. He got and still has a great mixture of both deep tone, and quick spool by playing with the VGT all while keeping drive pressures at minimum.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes beans20 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thornton weldin View Post
    Wide open means the vanes are open. That's how we get the deep tone at idle. Closed is when the vanes shut. This helps spool, but drives the drive pressure up. The stock VGT has such a large rotating mass, it is laggy when left open all the way all the time. Ray was first in MCC to really play with the VGT. He got and still has a great mixture of both deep tone, and quick spool by playing with the VGT all while keeping drive pressures at minimum.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Cumminswelder, yeah what ^^^^ said. (I have no idea what I'm talking about)

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Ya I that's what I've had with the tuning, a CR tune that sounded much better but like you said the turbo is real heavy. So ok, I'm thinking the turbo kit with a s467 instead of studs. What do yall think?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12