Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raceme Ultra

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Raceme Ultra

Used a few different tunes and changing up the other parameters finding what works for me and my truck best

Response and spooling is much better than what was previously on it. I can't say what that is since no programmer came with the truck

No noticeable mileage gains yet. I'm only about 300 miles into using though so finding it will happen

Overall great product especially for what I paid
    When Ray finishes his it will be far better

2. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Can anyone tell me what the HP levels and timing are on the Ultra for 09
    I emailed Ray and told him what I was seeing. He said on these years that's what shows if I remember right without checking the email

All I see is
    #1 thru #10 some say with or without timing
    No HP level is on the screen. I am running the most current update

4. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I got a list a couple days ago

Reviewing the Ultra
    I have to say the out of box tunes are responsive
    Only 78,000 miles on an 09. Truck is running much smoother and quieter at the engine

Whatever previous tuner had been used on the truck had it running so much fuel and slower/lower boost

Now spooling is much faster. Lower fueling and nowhere near the smoke as before. Without passing or really getting on the throttle

6. Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

After getting the list for HP levels

The configuration for my year truck is different for sure but could be very useful

The odd numbers increase timing with HP
    Even numbers are set up without timing so you can stack with another device that bumps timing up

They can be used obviously but those 5 levels won't be used unless I stack

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Over the last 2 days I'm noticing a drop in trans temp. With what I've got my temps were usually
    140-147 degrees

Now I'm seeing 125-135 depending on outside temp
    Also taking longer for trans to get to running temp. This morning I drove about 25 miles before temps were to 125

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Been getting sporatic DTC for p2453 DPF pressure sensor performance

I'm fully deleted. And harness for all emissions is totally removed from the truck. No reason I should be getting this

I've already talked to Ray about this. It seems it's just an issue with RaceME tuning on 3rd gens

I'll be getting WARP as soon as Ray has it ready for my year to hopefully fix this issue

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

After continued issues with the same DTC randomly. I've talked to Ray, emailed RaceME (Franz and Michael) and Tyler at RaceME Canada

Tyler dug some more into things yesterday

It seems it's an issue with the pressure sensor in the transmission which rarely go bad confirmed by Tyler

Whatever programmer was on the truck either shut it off or had the temp set high enough there wasn't an issue

With the RaceME Ultra
    I'm either having programming issues or maybe the sensor is failing. It is unlikely but could happen

The only way to ensure this stops is whenever Ray gets the WARP finished for my year to have the custom tuning done and the code and sensor turned off in the code

It has to be a complete custom tune to be done. I can't have it done just for me as a bug fix simply since I don't know how many trucks are having this issue with tuning

11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Checked the pressure sensor. It's good

Whatever is going on is with the programming

Hoping Ray (Double R) is about finished with his custom tunes

I intended on going the route of custom tuning. I should not have to do the custom to fix an issue with the RaceME though. Spending even more money

In hindsight now I'd have been better off going EFI and using Ray for his tunes with it. It would have saved me 50% of what the RaceME will cost total

12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about the troubles friend.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Sorry to hear about the troubles friend.
    It's a shame spending nearly $2000 when all said and done. EFI with the custom would be around $700 probably

Neither offer trans tuning. EFI can be done just not using the programmer obviously. RaceME doesn't have it yet for 07.5-09

The RaceME isn't a bad product I don't want to seem like I'm bashing it exactly. Just sucks the only fix for a problem caused by the RaceME is spending more money rather than it being fixed

At least Ray backs what he sells. So whenever I get his stuff on there things will be right

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast