Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEEP HELP ASAP

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

NEEP HELP ASAP

My 2001 has a built automatic and the transmission is giving me some problems it shift very rough and wont stay in 4th gear any help would be amazing thsnks for reading

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: NEEP HELP ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Cumminskyle View Post
    My 2001 has a built automatic and the transmission is giving me some problems it shift very rough and wont stay in 4th gear any help would be amazing thsnks for reading
    is that a 46RE? You have to describe the problem batter

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

2001 dodge diesel i think its the 47rh

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Look on your VIN and the info below will tell you the trans you have.

DIGITS 13, 14, AND 15
    Transmission Codes
    • DGP = 4–speed Automatic (47RE)
    • DGT = 4–speed Automatic (46RE)
    DGK = 4–speed Automatic (42RE)

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

2001 dodge diesel i think its the 47rh
    I need you to be more descriptive of the problem.

It sounds like the solenoid pack is bad or the wiring to it. But I need more info from you

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It goes back and forth from 4rth to 3rd when i stay on the pedal and shift very rough on 1-2 shift but i cant go faster than 50 at 2,500 rpms

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

It goes back and forth from 4rth to 3rd when i stay on the pedal and shift very rough on 1-2 shift but i cant go faster than 50 at 2,500 rpms
    OK I need you to find out exactly which trans you have. They react differently to different things. I'm still leaning on the solenoid pack. .

When was the trans done? Miles on it? Is it under warranty? What was done. I need to know more. Don't want to be guessing.

9. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have no idea hoe many miles...no warranty....billet input shaft ,shift kit,triple disk torque converter.....its the 47rh

10. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

47re

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Have you checked for any codes?
    It could be a speed sensor too. But go through al these things first. It may be as simple as a bad adjustment and a trans service. That includes a filter. Don't just change the fluid. There's instructions in the How Too section on band adjustments. Easy

SHIFTS DELAYED OR
    ERRATIC (SHIFTS ALSO
    HARSH AT TIMES)

1. Fluid Level Low/High. 1. Correct fluid level and check for leaks if
    low.
    2. Fluid Filter Clogged. 2. Replace filter. If filter and fluid contained
    clutch material or metal particles, an
    overhaul may be necessary.
    3. Throttle Linkage Mis-adjusted. 3. Adjust linkage as described in service
    section.
    4. Throttle Linkage Binding. 4. Check cable for binding. Check for return
    to closed throttle at transmission.
    5. Gearshift Linkage/Cable
    Mis-adjusted.
    5. Adjust linkage/cable as described in
    service section.
    6. Clutch or Servo Failure. 6. Remove valve body and air test clutch,
    and band servo operation. Disassemble
    and repair transmission as needed.
    7. Governor Circuit Electrical Fault. 7. Test using DRBT scan tool and repair as
    required.
    8. Front Band Mis-adjusted. 8. Adjust band.
    9. Pump Suction Passage Leak. 9. Check for excessive foam on dipstick
    after normal driving. Check for loose pump
    bolts, defective gasket. Replace pump
    assembly if needed.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, LB Heating liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast