Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Drag link

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Drag link

So on the way into work yesterday morning I noticed pretty quick my steering wheel was not straight. Once it got light out I climbed under my truck to check things out and the jam nuts on the drag link had come loose. I hand tightened them and took the truck in for an alignment. Climbed back under the truck tonight and the blue line they put across the jam nuts and the adjusting bar are misaligned. Any thoughts on why they would be loosening up. 2015 2500 2.5" leveling kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Drag link

Any work done recently, such as alignment or such that someone would touch them ? (I also see you installed a leveling kit.)
    I never heard of the nuts coming loose when tighten to specs.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Neither have I had an alignment done 16000 miles ago

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Interesting! I know when I put my thuren track bar on, I backed out of the shop and realized I forgot I had to adjust the drag link. I had plans I was running late for, and thought ah I'll do it tomorrow. Drove a block and thought ok this is gonna drive me nuts LOL, so around I went back into the shop. I crawled under there and thought, oh boy, how tight are these gonna be? To my suprise as I busted my knuckles open against the axle, they weren't very tight at all. I locked back down with all I had once I had the steering wheel straight. But gonna check them out again now. Also this is not the first I've read from someone who says they worked loose.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Thanks Jthardee thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I was thinking of tacking them in place if they come loose again. Also my wheel is slightly off center if I bust the jam nuts loose and straighten wheel will I need an alignment again.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I was thinking of tacking them in place if they come loose again. Also my wheel is slightly off center if I bust the jam nuts loose and straighten wheel will I need an alignment again.

No it'll be fine without an alignment

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Make sure your happy with steering wheel before tacking LOL.

9. Likes Power247 liked this post