I just wanted to post a quick tip I'm not sure everyone knows. I was reading a thread here last week that of course I can't find, but a few mentioned the difficulty reaching and removing the filters on the 4th gen trucks. It had been a year since I did my first oil change so I didn't chime in but I didn't remember there being any issues. I know some suggest wrapping a zip lock bag around the filter etc...my brother works at a truck shop and taught me this trick. On my '13, I reach the filter from under the truck without any problem, not thru the fender well or anything . Hopefully the filter is only hand tight. Loosen it just a little bit to make sure it will come off. Then I take a big alignment bar about 2 feet long with a sharp point. I put a long trans oil funnel up there and it stays there on its own. There is room to put the bar beside it and up to the bottom of the filter and punch a hole in the bottom of the filter and let it drain into the funnel above the drain pan. That keeps the oil from running down the front suspension linkage and making a mess. Once the filter stops draining, there will be more once you completely break the seal so keep the funnel there and let the remainder drain out. Not rocket science but it makes the job a lot cleaner.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk