Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  26
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to increase turbo whistle, 6.7 VGT

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

How to increase turbo whistle, 6.7 VGT

I have an INJEN intake. Took me a minute to figure out the active door deal but finally figured that out. Stock box I was lucky if I could hear the turbo, now with the intake it's just loud enough to keep a smile on my face when driving without being obnoxious.

2016 Tradesman 6.7 manual. Pile of parts waiting to be installed.

2. Likes MrCrowley liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

Re: How to increase turbo whistle, 6.7 VGT

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes 3500 View Post
    Like everyone else said cai does nothing for the sound and personally I wouldn't remove the silencer ring, because it does nothing for you. And you can do nothing else to the turbo once you remove it

I have a fleece turbo on my truck and steal the sound is minimal. Someone needs to give this guy a try I believe it's $700 for the work and the parts all you have to do is shipping your turbo.
    I emailed him Monday and have not heard back yet. He sounds knowledgeable but stoned lmao. It would be a cheap cheetah clone and for 700 it's hard to beat. I will say the compressor housing he has looks like the whole inlet was hogged out not just the silencer ring. Maybe just how I was looking at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #23
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I wouldn't try any 67/67 with larger than stock injectors. Mine ran a 2 to 1 drive pressure ratio. NOT WITH THIS JUYS TURBO!! Someone else built me a 67/67 VGT. So much DP it hurt the turbo and the Compressor wheel Compressor wheel touched the cover. Game stopper rite there

5. Top Of Page | #24

I was thinking I read it was a 70 on the turbine side. HX40 70mm 10 blade iirc. I'm not very familiar with the cheetah specs. I come from the duramax world and I know they use a gt40 turbine wheel on the cheetah for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123