Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trans. Actual users

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Trans. Actual users

68RFE daily driving
    Moderate power nothing crazy

Anyone that's used any what do you think about them? Would you choose one over the other and why? I know OD and autopilot are good products. Autopilot just pricy
    H&S OD
    ATS autopilot
    Raceme

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Trans. Actual users

RaceME bother!!!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes E.mccarthy7018, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Anyone that's used them and can give real world experience between them. Shifting, putting added power to the ground, mileage, etc....

Switching from Powerstroke over to Cummins. Dealt with Spartan and SCT with custom tunes
    I know Raceme makes a good product but Spartan is supposed to but I hated it on my truck. Was a waste of money so went to the X4 and custom

The H&S is nice but Raceme is only a small amount more. Not enough to complain about

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I'm not bad mouthing h&s. Great product that I ran on my 2012. But don't forget they are out of the tuner/tuning business.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    I'm not bad mouthing h&s. Great product that I ran on my 2012. But don't forget they are out of the tuner/tuning business.
    That's my biggest issue with the H&S honestly. With the Raceme I just don't know much about their trans tuning. And Ray isn't finished with his to where he'll put his name on it. If he's at that point of writing programs yet. Same with the engine tuning
    With that said if he gets to that point the Raceme platform has a lot of potential obviously. The H&S is only expandable with MCC with other highly reputable guys like Ray. It is somewhat limited in what it offers though

Just trying to get real world use before I throw down the money again. The Spartan is supposed to be great and tuning wise it was. Trans was horrible though and anyone who has run a PS knows Spartan can't fix their own trans tuning problems. So I switched
    Making sure I don't run into similar issues again

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Not alot of 3rd Gen 6.7s running ultra I guess so a real review is gonna be hard to find. I'd trust in ray if he says he will have custom tunes for a third gen that he will, and they will be good. But I understand that is where you went wrong with your ford also by trusting what was suppose to be good.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

With the Spartan I'd seen them in use so knew what they could do. Just wasn't fully aware of how bad the problems were with their trans tuning. Even contacting them they had no solution at all
    They said it was totally normal and called it "rev slamming"
    Any vehicle building 6-9lbs of boost during regular driving between gears along with 800rpm. Before shifting from 2nd or 3rd into the next gear. Something in the programming is wrong. When there is nothing wrong mechanically that is
    Eventually it's going to snap, detonate, or throw pretty important parts thru the floor or out the back

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I love my custom H&S tuning by Ray @Double R Diesel. The combination of his engine and upgraded trans tuning... there is now way I could run box tunes again. But with H&S out of business... If my XRT crashed today I am not sure what I would do.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    I BETA'd that program for them. Never finished it. That was in 09. It was really rough in the beginning.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Just hoping the trans tuning out of box for 09 is good. The h&s is I know and already have custom tuners writing tunes. For the ultra not yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast