1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Which tuner to buy today

09 2500 mega cab
    Auto
    Daily driver. Haul my horse trailer and tractor

Looking at Mini Max and Ultra
    Mainly for exapandability and trans tuning ability

I know with MCC I have a ton of options. The Ultra is still a newer platform without custom tunes for my year so far

Ultra - Out of box tunes/trans for my year? Complaints or anything that anyone who has used.

Suggestions guys. Planning on buying today tomorrow at latest

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Which tuner to buy today

@Double R Diesel
    Let's get his thoughts for an 09. Ray is a dealer tuner of both products you mentioned.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Talked to Ray quite a bit already. No tuning available yet for 09 for the Ultra/MM3

Told him I would consider holding off until tunes were ready. I may get it and when he's comfortable to put them on the market I can update with him

5. Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Personally that's what I would do over the mini max. I'd go with a company that's still in business.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

That's a big reason I was considering it over the H&S. And over EFI since there's no trans tuning

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yes. And it looks like increased line pressure, and shift firmness is offered for free in the 09 trucks. I wasn't for sure if it was or not in the 09, but looks to be. That's a huge thing there for the 68. And custom tuning when ready can fine tune that even more.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yep. I emailed Ray just to make sure about pricing for the Ultra/MM3 through him. Luckily I have a little discount from military

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Forum members get additional discounts too! The cost of membership more than pays for itself in the long run with custom tuning and such.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    Yep. I emailed Ray just to make sure about pricing for the Ultra/MM3 through him. Luckily I have a little discount from military
    Lifetime platinum members get nice discounts from @Double R Diesel. 😆

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"