Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Trans tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Trans tuning

So I recently had to go to the dealership to have my new mirrors flashed and turned my truck back to stock, deleted with race me. The tech seemed real nervous even came out and got me when he threw the scanner on my truck. I reloaded the raceme and all was good I thought.

Left for vacation the next day and when we got to where we were going I ran out to the store to pick something up and noticed my truck was not holding 4th very good. I assumed I forgot to select trans tuning when I reloaded it so I took it back to stock and reloaded it and it still does not hold onto 4th like it use to. Tp sits at 110 and when it shifts it hit 170 or so. I know these line pressures are higher then stock but just wondering why it's not holding 4th. Shifts at 45 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Jmalone thanked for this post
    Likes tmd4 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Trans tuning

Did you allow the 30 miles of relearn if the transmission? might be a little confused mine was at first.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Ye I drove 200 miles to vacation

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Ye I drove 200 miles to vacation

towing or just empty driving. I think it needs to be city style driving under 50percent throttle.

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Highway maybe it needs some city driving for awhile

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Highway maybe it needs some city driving for awhile

mine was acting really goofy on the 2-3 shift, we have very dual roads 55-65 and miles before a stop sign. I drive it downtown and reloaded tunes drive back roads home allt of stop and go and it helped it alot. Good luck man other then that idk.

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

i believe the clutch volume index,(cvi) takes 30mi to relearn... takes a few hundred miles for trans to relearn your driving style... i would agree give it more time with city driving...
    p.s. snow in florida?

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, azxr thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Question regarding trans tuning... I initially installed 60hp, default rail and timing, and mild spool (no trans tune) and LOVED my turbo/exhaust note. Realizing I hadn't programmed the trans tune, I returned to stock and proceeded with the above tune this time not forgetting trans tune. Now since running the trans tune, my exhaust note has faded to silence. I mean there is a tone still there, just no way near I had before. Just curious, is this suppose to happen?

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Once deleted with a race me or mm3 warp. Is the option still there to lock out any gear with the switch on gear selector ?

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoad View Post
    Once deleted with a race me or mm3 warp. Is the option still there to lock out any gear with the switch on gear selector ?
    Yes

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.