Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saskabush build thread

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Saskabush build thread

so around the middle of june, 2016, I drove into the city, said goodbye to my '15 ram 1500 laramie, and said hello to my 2016 ram 3500 cclb. It had been a little over a year since i had owned a diesel, and how i missed it so.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker, IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Saskabush build thread

The wife was not a fan. Though she hates when i spend money in any way shape or form, and as I saw it, I was just delaying the purchase of another diesel by not buying sooner. But the first test was that very weekend. I loaded up some sheet metal, couple sheets of pressure treated plywood, an outlandishly heavy quad (can am outlander xmr, nearly 1000 disgusting lbs) and the dog for good measure. a load that would have surely put a nice california lean into my 1500, even with the 30% extra duty rear springs I had installed in it. But the 3500 handled it like a champ. I don't know if it even squatted an inch. made the 250 km trip out to the family farm, without issue. Well maybe one issue, I was not a fan if the capless fuel neck.

4. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

This led to my first "mod", a green anodized aluminum fuel cap. It has a nice oring and a built in magnet so it hangs on the fuel door hinge when filling.

6. Likes AnOldBiker, TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

next weekend led to another test. some more random scraps that i took from the city out to the farm, and my 24' trailer loaded with my sled deck, some supply's to refurbish the deck, and my 2 quads. again, pulled like a dream.

8. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Then i did some research and decided it was time for a couple more mods. so i did the BD performance steering box brace and the BDS 5500 Dual Stabilizer kit. sadly these types of mods on a truck with less than 3000 km, go without incident, so the story telling is pretty bland, and since no parts are wore out, there no "new, tighter" feeling or any new feeling at all when i hoped back into the truck after the install. But a good upgrade none the less. Shortly after this, I pulled the intake baffle out of the intake horn.

10. Likes AnOldBiker, KimWar191 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Show us some pics! You from Saskatchewan?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

12. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@kreklevich I do believe your new here and I'd lke to extend a to the forum

As to the wife not being happy ... well there is one in every relationship that keeps close eye on the $$$. And rightly so. My wife does the same. Sort of slows me up where it last longer then if she wasn't doing it. So don't feel lonely. It's a good thing.

I agree with @waeking how 'bout some pictures ???

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 3500 CCLB, BD Steering Brace, BDS Dual Steering Stabilizer, MM3 Warp tuning by DRD w/mm3 pyro, Flo-Pro 5" TBE w/muffler, ARP 625's, Flo-Pro EGR Delete

14. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker, TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yeah I am. Can't wait to delete this beast. My duramax was a 600 hp beast and I want to turn this thing into something wicked.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 3500 CCLB, BD Steering Brace, BDS Dual Steering Stabilizer, MM3 Warp tuning by DRD w/mm3 pyro, Flo-Pro 5" TBE w/muffler, ARP 625's, Flo-Pro EGR Delete

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Welcome!! Look forward to watching this build.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

18. Thanks KimWar191 thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast