Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White Smoke, Sputtering, No Power

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: White Smoke, Sputtering, No Power

Quote Originally Posted by Archuleta24v View Post
    I removed the quad to see if that was the issue and plugged the factory map sensor in and it still did it.
    OK I did a few rounds with mine

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Check for oil in exhaust white smoke sounds like turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Just to clarify, did you fully remove the Quad to see if the problem remains? Turning a box down to "stock power" does not eliminate a potential communication interference to the ECM. You have to disconnect it.

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Archuleta24v View Post
    Two days ago on my way to work my truck started blowing white smoke and started sputtering down and sounded like it was misfiring like it went into some sort of limp mode. I shut the truck off and turned it back on and drove normally for about a mike and it started again. I pulled over and it stayed running in drive, neutral and park. I shut it off and put my quad to stock mode and I got to work just fine and it ran fine on my way home for about 5 miles and did it again I had a code for MAP sensor so I replaced it yesterday and cleaned the IAP sensor. It ran great on my way to work today all the way to work and started having the same problem about half a mile on my way home. I just installed a 5 inch straight pipe and of my awareness didn't damage anything. Could it be bad fuel, injectors, air in fuel? I have no codes or CEL. I'm lost. Below are a list of mods. I also have a short video I can post when I get the time later.

5 inch Straight pipe.
    Built Auto trans w/ triple disc and valve body 3k miles
    7x0.009 injectors 7k miles
    Raptor 150
    Egt, trans temp and boost gauge. Fuel pressure coming as soon as this is solved.
    Quad adrenaline
    New timbo apps
    Be noise filter
    Brand new batteries.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    I'm currently having the same issue. Truck just randomly cuts out and spudders and loses all power. I replaced all filters put a new lift pump in with a relocation kit putting the pump next to the tank and new lines. My quad hasn't worked in months and is stuck on stock mode. I am thinking about just buying new injectors because that's all that's left to replace on the fuel delievery aspect. I don't have any other ideas.

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fountain471 View Post
    I'm currently having the same issue. Truck just randomly cuts out and spudders and loses all power. I replaced all filters put a new lift pump in with a relocation kit putting the pump next to the tank and new lines. My quad hasn't worked in months and is stuck on stock mode. I am thinking about just buying new injectors because that's all that's left to replace on the fuel delievery aspect. I don't have any other ideas.
    If the gauges still work on the quad, check the rail pressure. Those VP pumps stink

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    If the gauges still work on the quad, check the rail pressure. Those VP pumps stink
    The gauges do not work on my quad. After talking to quadzilla for the past few days we came to the conclusion of sending it in

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

The VP 44 is the worst injection pump Cummins ever used they had one hell of a lot of problems with them

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12