Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  76
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's The Best Wax To Use?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

What's The Best Wax To Use?

Quote Originally Posted by NORCAL View Post
    I never used a clay bar does it make a difference?
    It makes a HUGE difference!! The clay pulls all the dirt off the paint that is left behind from washing. It also helps the wax adhere better.

Is paste better than liquid wax? Can you put to much wax on say like 5 coats a month or is that overkill?
    I use liquid wax primarily but i see no real advantage over paste wax or vice versa. 5 waxes a month is a bit much. You can use detail spray between waxes to bring out the shine and remove water spots after washes.

You should really try claying before waxing. You should be able to get a good 2-3 months between waxes by prepping the paint first.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, NORCAL thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, NORCAL liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the tips. Too bad it's raining out here. I was planning to wash and wax this weekend!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    It makes a HUGE difference!! The clay pulls all the dirt off the paint that is left behind from washing. It also helps the wax adhere better.

I use liquid wax primarily but i see no real advantage over paste wax or vice versa. 5 waxes a month is a bit much. You can use detail spray between waxes to bring out the shine and remove water spots after washes.

You should really try claying before waxing. You should be able to get a good 2-3 months between waxes by prepping the paint first.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel
    Sorriest day in your life is when you don't learn something. I can paint 'em but I can't maintain LOL Thanks for the education Greg them.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Sorriest day in your life is when you don't learn something. I can paint 'em but I can't maintain LOL Thanks for the education Greg.
    I'm just happy to contribute. I have learned tons here😃

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Greg

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I started using Adams buttery wax last year with chemical guys jet seal. Goes on easy and lasts for a long time if washed correctly without the harsh degreasers at a carwash.

10. Likes NORCAL, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Meguiars Gold

Had a black car once .... never again.

If you never
    clay bar before, scrub her clean, clay bar it once, then wax the heck out of her.
    If you keep it clean and waxed, one treatment of clay bar is enough.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Meguiars Gold

Had a black car once .... never again.

If you never
    clay bar before, scrub her clean, clay bar it once, then wax the heck out of her.
    If you keep it clean and waxed, one treatment of clay bar is enough.
    X2 for Meguiar's Gold and claybar treatment. I clay my truck every fall. Was seems to last longer that way.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, NORCAL, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Nu Finish

16. Likes NORCAL liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Is paste better than liquid wax? Can you put to much wax on say like 5 coats a month or is that overkill?
    There is a law of diminishing return with regards to waxing. The best thing about applying a second coat of product, is you may apply product to a small place you might have missed the first time. 2 or more coats doesn't mean the protection will last 2-3 times longer, unfortunately.

If you apply "wax" frequently.... as long as after the final buff, the finish is shiny, you're ok. If you apply too many coats too quickly...you'll begin to notice a "smeary" finish after the final buff.

2016 Ram 3500 DRW/Aisin
    2015 SRT GC
    2016 Charger Hellcat
    2018 Trackhawk GC in route.
    2017 Durango Citadel AWD
    "Mopar or no car"

18. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NC4stroker View Post
    There is a law of demising return with regards to waxing. The best thing about applying a second coat of product, is you may apply product to a small place you might have missed the first time. 2 or more coats doesn't mean the protection will last 2-3 times longer, unfortunately.

If you apply "wax" frequently.... as long as after the final buff, the finish is shiny, you're ok. If you apply too many coats too quickly...you'll begin to notice a "smeary" finish after the final buff.
    Very good info thanks for your expertise

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

20. Thanks NC4stroker thanked for this post
    Likes NC4stroker liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast