Likes Likes:  76
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's The Best Wax To Use?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

What's The Best Wax To Use?

I've been using Collinite No. 476 super Doublecoat.

Seems to do the job just wondering what everyone else is using.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

We use Sonax.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks NORCAL thanked for this post
    Likes SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

In for suggestions as well. Black is a Bi@&h!!!

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    In for suggestions as well. Black is a Bi@&h!!!

I have a black truck as well. I’ve been using Chemical Guys Black Light as a base with their Butter Wax on top of that and getting really good results. And I always clay it good before the wax coats. I get A good 3 months of protection with this combo.

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Mothers has a really long lasting past wax. Hides allot of stuff for a long time.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Thanks NORCAL thanked for this post
    Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Is paste better than liquid wax? Can you put to much wax on say like 5 coats a month or is that overkill?

11. Likes SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NORCAL View Post
    Is paste better than liquid wax? Can you put to much wax on say like 5 coats a month or is that overkill?
    There is a law of diminishing return with regards to waxing. The best thing about applying a second coat of product, is you may apply product to a small place you might have missed the first time. 2 or more coats doesn't mean the protection will last 2-3 times longer, unfortunately.

If you apply "wax" frequently.... as long as after the final buff, the finish is shiny, you're ok. If you apply too many coats too quickly...you'll begin to notice a "smeary" finish after the final buff.

2016 Ram 3500 DRW/Aisin
    2015 SRT GC
    2016 Charger Hellcat
    2018 Trackhawk GC in route.
    2017 Durango Citadel AWD
    "Mopar or no car"

13. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NC4stroker View Post
    There is a law of demising return with regards to waxing. The best thing about applying a second coat of product, is you may apply product to a small place you might have missed the first time. 2 or more coats doesn't mean the protection will last 2-3 times longer, unfortunately.

If you apply "wax" frequently.... as long as after the final buff, the finish is shiny, you're ok. If you apply too many coats too quickly...you'll begin to notice a "smeary" finish after the final buff.
    Very good info thanks for your expertise

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

15. Thanks NC4stroker thanked for this post
    Likes NC4stroker liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NC4stroker View Post
    There is a law of diminishing return with regards to waxing. The best thing about applying a second coat of product, is you may apply product to a small place you might have missed the first time. 2 or more coats doesn't mean the protection will last 2-3 times longer, unfortunately.

Mopar guys seem to always give the best info.

I used liquid glass for years. It took a while, but I realized it stuck to glass as well. Made a mess of the windshield in the rain. Found it extremely difficult to get off too. I ended up using a pumice wheel on it.

Now I'm just too sore to wax it.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

17. Thanks NC4stroker thanked for this post
    Likes NC4stroker liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Meguiars Gold. And thanks for reminding me that she's due for a clay bar and wax treatment. I need more weekend!! 😭

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, KimWar1911 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, SKIBBEE4thGEN liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast