I need to do this on my entire truck.

I have been putting it off for a long time.

I do tend to use a lot of Chemical Guys stuff as I enjoy it and it always smells good making the process easier to bear.

I currently use a cheap HF multi-speed polisher (single action) and keep the speed around the middle and the pressure light.

Here is my process:
-Step one: Claybar with McGuire's because the price is right, works well, and is easy to find locally.

-Step two: I find my go-to scratch stuff is the McGuire's Ultimate Compound for most of my daily paint repair. I consider it magical. I also have the Chemical Guys V32-38 polishes and compounds with their pads when I have that sort of time. I typically stay with the V34 or V36 for compounding, and V36 is a great all-around combo. I will generally hit heavy scratches with the McGuire's to save time. If it is a more extensive area, I will use V34 and back with V36. Then I finish with V38 polish.

-Step three: I seal the paint with Jet Seal.

-Step four: I have two types of paste wax I typically use. I have the 5050 wax and some other high-end wax. I will likely try something with the ceramic hybrid wax next time.

I have used several waxes throughout this thread and past steps 1-3, and I can't distinguish between them.

My experience is the wax result was after a few months and needed a refresh.

95% of the final result is accomplished in the prep work for wax.